_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Lurker for awhile now, finally official!
Fujiman40
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 23 Posts
KitMaker Network: 24 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 05:05 AM UTC
Just wanted to say hello to this site, as I have seen some amazing talent over the past few months. Getting back into the hobby since a 20 yr hiatus. Hopefully no one will be bother by any new technique questions I have. And with that, I'm looking to do my first ever full PE detailed kit and I'm wondering what everyone's opinion on your best experience with a retailer where I can actually get everything together.I'm hoping that it's not the norm to buy a it and then piece it together with aftermarket parts through several vendors. Thank you for any help and hopefully I'll have something looking good here shortly.

Mike W.
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 4,648 Posts
KitMaker Network: 189 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:16 AM UTC
Hi Mike!

Welcome to the forums. There are lots of retreads like us, and lots of moellers with lots of skills they're willing to share. Looking forward to seeing some of your build blogs.

Gary
windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,917 Posts
KitMaker Network: 133 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 08:07 PM UTC
Sounds good, Mike. I hope to see your work soon. Ask away with any questions!
Sorry I don't buy PE normally, so I don't have a vendor to suggest, but I hope my response here bumps your question to the top of the forums again and someone else sees it.
Cheers!
-Sean H.
Fujiman40
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 10:54 PM UTC
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am debating even using PE myself and I'm curious if it really makes a difference. And of course now I have this new invention called The Internet lol so there's so much more available than 1993, right at my finger tips. If it wasn't sold at my local HobbyWorks, than I didn't know what it was. I do have a few pics of my first build after 2 decades. I never was one for historical accuracy and don't forget ind that my 11 y.o. already broke the hatch off. I assume this is the best place to post them?

Thanks again guys,
Mike
Fujiman40
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:05 PM UTC
Ok first idiot question. How do I upload a pic to this site? Haha
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 2,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 11:59 PM UTC
Welcome!

Try this tutorial .

If you've got any other questions, we'll be here!

_GOTOTOP