TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Hist Chan. June 18 *Camouflage*
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2002 - 07:58 PM UTC
All Times Eastern Standard

@ 0900 repeats @ 1500 Sworn to Secrecy
The Gulf War: Iraq's Secrets

Charlton Heston narrates this look at how Saddam Hussein used cunning and deception to befriend the West, then invaded Kuwait, and risked everything to secretly develop weapons of mass destruction. Interviewees include former members of the Bush administration Vice President Dan Quayle and Secretary of State James Baker, and former Iraqi nuclear scientist Dr. Khidhur Hamza. TV G

@ 2100 repeats @ 0100 Greatest Raids
Sinking the Tirpitz

The largest and fastest battleship cruising European waters, the Tirpitz was the pride of Germany's Kriegsmarine and the scourge of Britain's Royal Navy. In Norway, the Tirpitz lurked in the fjords, threatening vital Arctic and Atlantic convoys, and became Churchill's obsession. Yet no matter what U.S. and British naval and air forces threw at her, they couldn't stop her--each time she was damaged, she was mended. Until she met her nemesis in the massive 12,000-pound Tallboy bomb... TV PG

@ 2200 repeats @ 0200 Camouflage
From ancient hunters' camouflage to computer-generated digital pattern uniforms, we uncover the past, present, and future of deception through disguise. During an ambush exercise by U.S. Marines, we learn that camouflage came from natural coloration and patterns of flora and fauna. The art of military camouflage took off in WWI with the use of the airplane, when the French learnt to hide from "eyes in the sky." It's a world of shadows and smoke, where even cities disappear through disguise. TV G

@ 2300 repeats @ 0300 The True Story of the Philadelphia Experiment
In 1943, a warship was rendered invisible in the Philadelphia Naval Yard, then teleported instantly to Norfolk, Virginia, and back. But this technological breakthrough was achieved at such horrific human cost--crewmen missing or gone insane, dead sailors fused into bulkheads--that authorities deep-sixed the experiment. Or so goes the legend that still flourishes. We examine this tallest of seaman's tales and learn how real anti-submarine technology led to talk of "disappearing ships". TV G

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2002 - 08:16 PM UTC
Looks like a good night for TV - Thanks for posting this. Doing research TV style
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2002 - 10:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

@ 2200 repeats @ 0200 Camouflage
From ancient hunters' camouflage to computer-generated digital pattern uniforms, we uncover the past, present, and future of deception through disguise. During an ambush exercise by U.S. Marines, we learn that camouflage came from natural coloration and patterns of flora and fauna. The art of military camouflage took off in WWI with the use of the airplane, when the French learnt to hide from "eyes in the sky." It's a world of shadows and smoke, where even cities disappear through disguise.

Now, if only I could watch this... I was writing an article for Armorama about camouflage... Darn.

Mario M.

Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 02:05 AM UTC
Go on writing Maki. Not all of us can watch the American channels.

I am very interested in a good camouflage article. In my old days I was very good at modern camouflage but.......hey it's been a long time since.....Please be the guy that refreshes my memory..
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 03:30 AM UTC
Eagle, I've been writing an article on painting modern US desert uniforms to complement my 120mm figure. I also prepared an article on painting tiger-stripes that I'd like to send to one of the modeling magazines, and I'm just finishing painting british figure from Falklands period wearing DPM, that I hope will turn into another article... I have a lot of idaes, but unfortunately very little free time to do all that.

Mario M.