_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi! I'm Justin and I'm New Here :)
justinbelmondo
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2015 - 11:46 PM UTC
Hi Everyone!

My name is Justin, and this is the first time I've been on any kind of online forum so I'm just kinda trying to learn the ropes right now

I have recently picked up modeling again, since my first time in the mid-90s when I was in junior high, and I just bought the models because the box art was amazing and I thought it was something that I could teach myself easy-peasy, but... that wasn't so much the case. I think I have a few wheels of some old Revell kits glued (a LOT of "glued") and maybe with some kind of metallic paint ALL over them. Seriously, MUCH respect to the older modelers who have been in it for a long time now, and who were able to learn the ins & outs of this hobby before the internet, I don't know HOW you guys did it!

Anyway, now I am in LOVE with modeling since YouTube has shown me the way (as much as it can), and I even have my own column on http://www.modelkitsreview.com called "Justin's Modelling Korner"
It's sort of an irreverent take on my issues with modeling, but still gives utmost respect to the hobby. I also have another blog which I have not updated for a while http://nightofthedeadliving.com .

OH yeah! And, so, writing is my MAIN thing. I used to do a lot of music writing and I have interviewed some of the MOST incredible people in the music business, such as IGGY POP, TOMMY RAMONE, ALICE COOPER, JUDY COLLINS, GENESIS BREYER P-ORRIDGE, BROTHER WAYNE KRAMER, and so many others I honestly can't think of them all right now (sorry to all the AMAZING people that I am forgetting...). I also have a book of short stories that was released in 2008 entitle Strongman and it is available on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Strongman-Justin-Skrakowski/dp/0595530877/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423334327&sr=8-1&keywords=justin+skrakowski+strongman

So, anyway, I LOVE interviewing people, but the field of music journalism in every other way is SUCH a yawn, so over-crowded and just, well, kind of annoying... that's when I got back into modeling. But love of writing never subsides so I still write occasionally on the above Model website, and my piece I am working on currently is a VERY in-depth interview with so-called "Godfather of Modern Modeling" himself, Mr. François Verlinden! It should be up in the next few weeks and I will definitely put a link up

I wish everyone the best, and any comments or suggestions or looks at the websites (and book) I have linked to would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks so much for everyone's time,
Justin

HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 08:03 PM UTC
Welcome Justin. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

Randy
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 08:44 PM UTC
Welcome to the KitMaker Network Justinm I hope you will feel at home here.
 _GOTOTOP