TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
LOTR Trilogy
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 04:22 PM UTC
Allright, so I caved in. Bought the first two movies used on Ebay real cheap. Watched those a few days ago. Today I went with my free ticket and saw the last installment. First one was slow, and if I had watched it when it first came out, that would have been the end of the discussion. I liked the second one and really liked the third, though it seemed to take forever for it to end. I guess my hero was Sam though whoever the blonde female who jumped in to save her father and killed the bad guys super warrior ranks pretty high on my list too.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 06:17 PM UTC
Well maybe good news for you would be that I heard there are some talks with Peter Jackson about doing The Hobbit! Maybe with some of the same actors like Ian (sorry can't spell the last name) as Gandalf.

So maybe another three hours to sit through someday!

Steve
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 06:19 AM UTC
Well if he does do it, unfortunately it won't be for a bit. He has signed an exclusive deal to do another film of King Kong. One of the specifics of the 20 million dollar contract is he cannot do another film until it is complete.

StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 06:21 AM UTC
Excuse me....make that 32 million!!

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/444/444452p1.html
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 07:13 AM UTC
I sure hope they do a credible job this time. I adore the original, but that remake became quickly known in our circle as Kinky Kong. inspired by the southen beauty Cybil Shepard. And sniper, the Hobbitt is what turned me off about the Lord of the Rings back in high school and college