_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from Rhode Island USA
foenetik
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 52 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 - 04:55 PM UTC
Hello Automodeler,

Got back into the hobby a year ago after a 15 year break. Really glad i got started again. Love the hobby. Cant wait to share and see what everyones up to. I pretty much build anything at the moment but i started with cars. Ive done a Tamiya Lexus LFA for my first model and i just recently finished a Tamiya McLaren mp4/4 with a Top Studio Detail up kit. Was very challenging seeing as it was my 2nd model but im happy with it (ill make a thread shortly). Im a fan of weathering and adding a bunch of details. Thanks for stopping by, stay classy.
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 803 Posts
KitMaker Network: 132 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 12:38 AM UTC
Howdy neighbor and welcome to the group!!!! Have you tried AA Hobbies yet??? I heard its quite the shop
foenetik
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 01:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Howdy neighbor and welcome to the group!!!! Have you tried AA Hobbies yet??? I heard its quite the shop

i have, its actually the only hobby shop ive been to. I mostly get supplies and paints there. Their kit prices are kind of high but they have lots of armor and railroad. if youre into railroad stuff they have TONS.

thanks for the welcome!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 01:59 AM UTC
Hi, neighbor, have a 'Gansett!

You are in a good neighborhood for the hobby. New England's oldest continuous show, Baycon, is held each year in North Attleboro on the first Sunday id November. If you are a car guy at heart, Masscar has its show in the spring in Taunton, I believe. We have our show in Chicopee MA on the last Sunday of March and Granitecon is up in Nashua on 19 October. There;s also a show in Portland or Saco ME, though the date may vary.

You are also relatively close to Marlboro MA, home of the Spare Time Shop since its birth in 1973. Several really good sales each year. Just a short ride up I-495 for you.
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
entire network: 803 Posts
KitMaker Network: 132 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 03:39 AM UTC
Spare time is a great shop if you dont mind the ride. There is another shop in Warwick, I forget the name but its in the south part of the city. Also, There is Harrys Hobbies in norton, and Centerline hobbies out in Hyannis. If you dont mind a short ride... Lees toy store in CT is an AMAZING toy store with something for everyone. Its well worth the trip!
foenetik
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 04:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, neighbor, have a 'Gansett!

You are in a good neighborhood for the hobby. New England's oldest continuous show, Baycon, is held each year in North Attleboro on the first Sunday id November. If you are a car guy at heart, Masscar has its show in the spring in Taunton, I believe. We have our show in Chicopee MA on the last Sunday of March and Granitecon is up in Nashua on 19 October. There;s also a show in Portland or Saco ME, though the date may vary.

You are also relatively close to Marlboro MA, home of the Spare Time Shop since its birth in 1973. Several really good sales each year. Just a short ride up I-495 for you.

Im definitely going to Baycon. I think i went to the show in chicopee this year. My friend Todd goes to a lot of shows (he does reviews for armorama and model shipwrites among other sites) so he keeps me in the loop. I actually heard about Spare Time Shop this weekend at armorama in danbury. I heard it was really nice so i plan to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.
foenetik
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 04:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Spare time is a great shop if you dont mind the ride. There is another shop in Warwick, I forget the name but its in the south part of the city. Also, There is Harrys Hobbies in norton, and Centerline hobbies out in Hyannis. If you dont mind a short ride... Lees toy store in CT is an AMAZING toy store with something for everyone. Its well worth the trip!

Ill have to check out Lees, im from Waterbury CT so i dont mind the ride at all. Thank you very much for the info!
 _GOTOTOP