_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Getting back into it....
canismalus
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
entire network: 398 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 - 05:18 AM UTC
Hi everyone!

After lurking around Armorama for a couple of years and being mightily impressed/intimidated by the fantastic builds here, I decided to join. I got back into 1/35 armor modelling a couple years ago after neglecting the hobby, oh, for almost 30 years - I'm an American (Montanan, to be more precise) living in Germany and moved around a lot for a long time.

My main area of interest is Soviet vehicles from the Second World War through the Cold War, and Russian subjects up to the present day - I really like the fact that this site has a forum dedicated to this subject alone! My other areas of interest are late WWII German vehicles (gee, how unique!) as well as other Allied subjects from the war, and NATO vehicles to provide a counterpoint to my growing array of T-80s, T-64s, etc.

Like most people returning after such a long absence, I have been amazed at what great strides the hobby has taken concerning techniques, materials, selection of kits, etc. The days of simply drybrushing to weather something (back when the Tamiya T-62 was the ONE modern Soviet kit) are over! I need a lot of practice to assimilate these new techniques and hope to keep learning from others on this site.

Take care and see you soon,

Jerry
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 - 07:30 AM UTC
Welcome back to the hobby and to being an official member of the site. I too was overwhelmed, upon returning to the hobby. I started where I left off. Much to my chagrin, I found planes and cars not to my liking. I'm glad you have found your niche and look forward to seeing some of your builds. Have fun.
canismalus
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
entire network: 398 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 11:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome back to the hobby and to being an official member of the site. I too was overwhelmed, upon returning to the hobby. I started where I left off. Much to my chagrin, I found planes and cars not to my liking. I'm glad you have found your niche and look forward to seeing some of your builds. Have fun.

Hi Matt -

Thanks for the encouragement! I have been working on a lot of projects (too many projects ) since I started again, so I'll be posting these as I finish them, stay tuned.

Take care,

Jerry
 _GOTOTOP