_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Newbie still here
mowen16818
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 22 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2014 - 08:23 AM UTC
I am new to the hobby. I have been following it for years and want to get my feet wet. I need advice about everything from airbrush, paint selection, supplies, models, etc.. I basically need a mentor to help guide me in this venture. Look forward to hearing from all of you and your input. Thanks in advance! Oh, I served several years in the Marine Corps and am currently a nurse working at the VA.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 361 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2014 - 08:27 AM UTC
Hi Michael,
Welcome! You came to the right place, Armorama is a huge knowledge pool. And thank you for your service.

—mike
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 10:18 AM UTC
Welcome. I recommend using all the members as mentors. Everyone has their own techniques and preferences. You will find some that work for you, as you develop your own. The most important this is to HAVE FUN.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 749 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 01:13 PM UTC
What do you want to start with ? How about paint brushes , do you have any or what do you have ? If you have paint brushes and paint you can paint models . Well before that how about hobby knives ? What do you have ?
 _GOTOTOP