_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from an Armor Builder
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 08:23 AM UTC
I live in the State of MI, USA. I have been building models off and on for 25 years as my work time allows me. Although I have built plenty of small dioramas my latest one is the one that consumes me the most.

I am trying to build a 2 foot deep by 8 foot long dio of XXX Corp assembling for the breakout of Market-Garden in 1/35. So far I have completed Shermans of various types, 2 Damlier Scouts, 2 Jeeps, 1 Bren Carrier, 1 White Scout Car and 1 Personnel Carrier. Also approximately 50 British tankers and infantry in various relaxed poses. In their boxes I still have a couple of Shermans and many more soldiers. It has taken me nearly 10 years since I first came up with the concept and bought my first kit to the point I am at now. My career has finally allowed me the money to buy the parts/kits I need. Anyway I am excited to finish my tanks and troopers so i can get started on the base.

Happy Building
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 08:52 AM UTC
Howdy Shermies,

A warm Howdy goes out to you first, and secondly, good gracious luck with your massive dio!!
Are you going to try to finish it for the 60th anniversary of D-Day by chance? :-)

Tread.
druid
Visit this Community
Finland
entire network: 211 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 08:52 AM UTC
Sounds like a very ambitious and interesting project. What are you using for reference material? Any pictures of the models so far?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 09:21 AM UTC
Welcome ShermiesRule to the very BEST modeling site on the web. You're especially welcome since you've decided to model the 'good guys.' Keep it up. Please share with us any pictures you might have of your massive undertaking. I can't imagine the time and effort you must have already put into it.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 10:26 AM UTC
Glad to see you here at Armorama. This sounds like a very large project indeed. Would love to see some progress photos of this project.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 11:50 AM UTC
Actually I am only using the DVD of A Bridge Too Far. I know the real XXX Corp used used a wide variety of Cromwells and Shermies but since most of my friends don't know the real XXX Corp they are much more impressed that I have found all the vehicles from the movie. I can clearly point out the Fireflies, Shermie Dozer (a favorite around here) the Dingos and the White Scout cars.

As I have no server I have no host site. I am working on getting space on a friends site without having to deal with signing up and getting spammed to death like my previous attempts.

BTW, with any luck I will not be done by 60th Anniversary of D-Day. What would I do after that??? Actually as long as I can find kits that feature vehicles in the movie I will add and add. My dream will be the get the Accurate Armor Humber that the Michael Caine character uses but it's rather pricey
Babva
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 141 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 12:02 PM UTC
Welcome ShermiesRule,sounds like your working on a great project.Hope I'am able to see some pic's of it.

Babva
Jim
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 09:04 PM UTC
An hello to you and a warm welcome aboard the best site on the net!!! Don't forget to keep us posted with the progress of your interesting project too!
Ciao from Italy
(:-) (:-)
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 06:46 AM UTC
So far here is my completed inventory.
3 Shermie Firefly Vc,
2 Shermie M4A1 76mm,
M4A3 with Dozer
(and not in the movie) 1 M4A4 w/rockets
(and not in the movie) M32 Shermie ARV
2 Daimler Scout Cars
1 Universal Carrier
1 White Scout Car
1 M21 Mortar Carrier
2 Jeeps w/trailers
and even a 25PDR Howitzer as per the pre-bombardment scene.

I have completed a Shermie Firefly Ic Hybrid except for the individual link track (what a pain)
I am seeking M4A3E8s as there seemed to be plenty in the movie.

I will add pics soon.
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 09:05 AM UTC
Welcome aboard. Glad to have you in the ranks with us. This is the best site out there. If you are looking for anything or have a question don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy the site.
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
entire network: 1,217 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2004 - 08:04 PM UTC
welcome and hope u will have a great time here and i must congrat u on that job, i simply cant imagine myself making a project for 10 years without anything finished in the meantime to show off with u got nerves! can i borow some?
herrvermylen
Visit this Community
New Plymouth, New Zealand
entire network: 207 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 02:19 PM UTC
Wow sounds like a cool dio, hope to see some pics of it !

Auf !
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 12:47 AM UTC
Glad to see you around here and i hope u enjoy it and i am sure you ll find here all the help you can use
redaye
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 123 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 06:15 AM UTC
hey there shermies,
"bridge too far" is a great movie, good luck in re-creating that battle. if you are able to get a hold of the 2nd dvd of the hbo mini-series "band of brothers", that dvd deal with operation market garden as well. there was some views of shermans and cromwells there too.
mastertyno
Visit this Community
Porto, Portugal
entire network: 339 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 01:00 AM UTC
From Portugal I salute and give you a big welcome to The Modelling community! Quite a project your working now, boy! I think all of us are waiting to see pictures of it...

See yaaa
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 05:20 AM UTC
Here is a link to my XXX Corp

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/22774&page=1
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2004 - 10:07 PM UTC
WOW!!! I've only seen one monstorus diorama like that. It took 1st in the National IPMS show a few years back, but there were around 20 people contributiong to that beauty
 _GOTOTOP