_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello From California Total Newbie
Holyfenix
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 18 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 04:05 AM UTC
Hello everyone,

I am from California and my fiance and I would like to get into WW2 modeling. We are going to start out small with a tank here and there and then we would like to do a couple diorama's as time goes by and we get better at modeling and detailing. We will be doing plastic models such as Tamiya's 1/35 or 1/48 scale models. I have a lot of questions but will remember to search to see if its been asked before, I've heard great things about this forum though and looking forward to being a part of it.
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 06:20 AM UTC
Welcome and don't ever be afraid to ask questions, there are plenty of folks here who'll be glad to answer them. Most will try to help out a newbie in any way that they can. Al
rdleis
Visit this Community
entire network: 55 Posts
KitMaker Network: 23 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 06:40 AM UTC
Welcome aboard! This site is a great source for modelling tips and has helped me out a lot. Everybody has been most generous with little tips, and the Forums host a lot of invaluable information. As my Math teacher used to say, "there are no dumb questions", so ask away.
Holyfenix
Visit this Community
entire network: 18 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 09:24 AM UTC
Thank you for the warm welcome. I can already tell this place is great. Should I ask questions here or would I be better of posting in the Armorama section as I am interested in building mostly WWII tanks support vehicles and infantry, with maybe some airplanes down the road. Obviously I am eager to jump in but don't want to make easily avoidable mistakes and I still have a ton of supplies I need to get.

Thanks Again!
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 09:36 AM UTC
First, welcome to you and your fiance. This is a great place to be.

For questions, best is to post them in the corresponding forum so that they will be noticed by those who can best answer. If you have a question about a particular kit, ask in the AFV forum. Sub forums such as painting, weathering, etc if you want to get really specific. Aeroscale is set up the same way for aircraft questions. Don't hesitate to ask questions as there are many helpful people here. Even simple questions like how to get started on a project. Also, post your work to show progress and gather more tips. Most important, have fun.
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 10:34 AM UTC
yes, what Russ said

Welcome Devon.

raypalmer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 100 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 12:27 PM UTC
Posting progress in a build log is always the best way to get timely input. Don't be bashful.
 _GOTOTOP