_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
hello from South Africa
CHINCB
Visit this Community
South Africa
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 04:02 AM UTC
Hello, I have only recently started modeling but can already feel the bug biting. I have one concern though which is the limited availability of hobby shops in my area. I love in Johannesburg South Africa and have only been able to find 2 within driving distance. Does anybody know of any good hobby shops in the Johannesburg area? Regards
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 02:50 AM UTC
First of all, welcome to the site. It's an enjoyable past time, that becomes consuming, that becomes an addiction. Have you considered buying your kits, supplies, tools etc. online? I have only one local hobby store and their markup is astronomical. It is far cheaper and less of a hassle for me to do my shopping online. Only recently has the postal service prices put a crimp in my purchasing.
CHINCB
Visit this Community
South Africa
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2014 - 03:53 AM UTC
The South African postal service is amazingly unreliable but if I can not get any other option that will be the last resort. Thanks for the nice words.
raypalmer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 100 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 11:17 AM UTC
I would counsel this; FedEx. Local hobby shops are for paint and glue etc. to my mind. I was part of brow beating mine into carrying vallejo, and Mr surfacer. You can usually convince them to at least try new products. But for kits.... I may buy one a year locally.
 _GOTOTOP