_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi from Cornwall ;)
TheBeastman
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 18 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 12:20 AM UTC
Only just noticed that there was this introductions topic in here so I may as well say a few things...

Had a 20 year hiatus from modelling but I've always had a soft spot for WW2 fighters and bombers. Got back into it recently because my 7 year old son has shown an interest in it so I thought i'd dust off the old bits and pieces and get back into it again. Currently i'm not back up to the level I was at before I stopped; I'm slowly re-learning some of the old skills that I had before and all this pre-shading malarkey seems a bit of overkill if you ask me

well - if left to ramble on i'll go on forever so i'll finish with another hi
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 05:30 PM UTC
Hi Mark and welcome, if you have questions please ask as there are no stupid questions, someone will always be along to help you out.

What's your current project?
TheBeastman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 08:00 AM UTC
Currently on the "bench";

Academy 1:48 Tomcat A
Eduard 1:48 FW 190 A8
Revell 1:48 EF2000 Typhoon

TheBeastman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 08:04 PM UTC
Got to say that the Academy Tomcat has been a royal pain in the rear end... The port nacelle was twisted somehow and didn't fit. Even after some "persuasion" with CA and sanding (losing some detail near the joins) its not a perfect fit and not symmetrical with the other nacelle...

Also, the front undercarriage section didn't mate properly with the front panel carrier that the kit uses. creative putty work required there.

Definitely going to be a private cabinet piece, that one.
 _GOTOTOP