_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Salutations from West Texas
wwtreece
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 22 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 01:21 PM UTC
Hello to everyone from the literal Middle of Nowhere (the nearest Hobby Shop is 88 miles away). I've built models ever since the age of seven, 45 years ago but quit because of something called life (Married, raised two kids...that sort of thing). Now I'm getting back into the hobby after that 16-year hiatus.

I model the Dark Side exclusively (WWII German) 1/35 and 1/72 vehicles and 1/72 aircraft; the few Allied vehicles I have will be only diorama fare, as in a victim to one of my Panzers. And after 16 years, wow at all the advances, photo-etch and so on; I've kind of fallen in love with the Dragon stuff, but have some of the Trumpeter Paper Panzers.

I'm following several great builds on Armorama for inspiration and hope to participate myself in time. It's nice to be here.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 01:40 PM UTC
Welcome to the site. Glad you found time. Always good to have another German armor guy. I don't suppose you know where Dalhart is, do you?
wwtreece
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 22 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 04:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome to the site. Glad you found time. Always good to have another German armor guy. I don't suppose you know where Dalhart is, do you?

Sure do; is that your location? I'm in Big Spring near Midland/Odessa.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 07:17 PM UTC
No, I live in Florida. I've just been through Dalhart a couple of times. I have quite a bit of family, in Texas.
golfermd
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 152 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 05:56 AM UTC
Welcome aboard, William. I've flown through Texas a few times, and was in Austin on a business trip. One of these days I want to visit.
 _GOTOTOP