_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hey everyone!
Kitzilla
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 21 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 06:34 AM UTC
Hey everyone! My names Kevin and I'm from Canada, and I'm joining up here because I've decided to get back into model building.

Like many young kids of the 70's and 80's, I grew up building model kits. Slathered in Testors brain-melting glue, and haphazardly painted, if painted at all, model kits were a huge part of my youth. For one reason or another I got away from it, but have recently got the bug to get back into the hobby. I've been assembling and painting garage kits for a while now (hey Clubhouse forums!), but armor modeling is calling my name again.

So I'm starting off slowly, just sucking up the endless creativity and insight on the forums here. I've already purchased my first kit, a Bronco Land-Wasser Schlepper, and will be tinkering with it as I relearn the hobby over time.

Looking forward to reading more on the site here, and interacting with the all the amazing hobbyists here!
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 06:55 AM UTC
Hello Kevin, welcome back to the hobby. That Bronco LWS is a really nice kit, but it can be frustrating, as there are some really tiny parts to deal with. Al
SHarjacek
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 977 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 07:01 AM UTC
Welcome Kevin!

Kitzilla
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 21 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 07:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Kevin, welcome back to the hobby. That Bronco LWS is a really nice kit, but it can be frustrating, as there are some really tiny parts to deal with. Al

So I've seen! A friend had an extra upgrade PE set from Voyager as well, so he gave me that to go along with the kit. Definitely some fiddly bits on there.

But I've already successfully assembled one of those 3-piece PE German Tool Clamps (sans Optivisor!), so I've already had my first minor victory.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,896 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 11:03 AM UTC
Hi Kevin;

You built a UNMASZUNGNOOS SCLEEPER What ???

WELCOME MY YOUNG FRIEND; MIKE.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 10:47 AM UTC
Hi, Kevin. Glad you returned to the hobby. You can already fold 3 piece tool clamps?! I've been working with them for four years and never managed to get one right! I really look forward to seeing some of your work.
 _GOTOTOP