_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Greetings From Sunny Scotland
RybenUK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 - 09:52 AM UTC
Hi guys,

Just a quick introduction. I live in the west coast of Scotland and
I`m coming back to modelling after many many years...Im 33 and last time I did a plastic scale model was when i was about...er 9..(ignoring a brief stint when i was 13-15 doing GW stuff...)

I remember my first model..a Spitfire...cockpit not painted, canopy covered in glue, and sticky thumb prints, thick glossy enamel paint slapped on, Polish decals all squint...and I loved it...

Then I butchered a Wellington, same shoddy finish ... but loved it...apart from that triangular rear gun window...eek!

Went on to build a Stuka, ME109, Mustang and tricky Sopwith Pup...

Now I`m back, older and hopefully wiser. I do have a few planes in the small stash just now, but I seem to be looking more and more at Tanks and AFVs etc...hence why I stumbled onto this site

Hope I fit in okay with you guys that produce some amazing models!

I`m on a few modelling websites as well as this one, so apologies for if you see my duplicate posts, just trying hard to make friends!

Ryben
Hangelafette
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 344 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 - 10:30 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama Andy,

A few years back I actually spent some time on the Outer Hebrides for about a week and it actually was sunny the entire time. By the time I left the locals resembled lobsters!

Your Cromwell looks great and I like the scratch built sandbags, very resourceful. Lots of very talented modelers to learn from here, so enjoy!

Nate
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 - 11:44 AM UTC
Welcome Andy, to the Kitmaker network of sites, don't forget to come and pay a visit to the British Bulldogs (go to the top left of the page and click 'Browse site').
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 - 12:17 PM UTC
Greetings from sunny Florida!(where it rains almost every day) I take it you are one for wingy things. I'm a tread head, but always like to see new members' builds and learn from their techniques. I'll keep an eye out for you, when I'm taken with building something that flies.
amegan
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 996 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 - 08:19 PM UTC
Hi Andy, I'm for the wingy things, but whatever you build welcome. I'd say find yourself a campaign that suits your taste and available models and get stuck in. Sounds as though you know the basics anyway and just building something in company can be both fun and can teach you so much about your modelling.
Whatever you do, enjoy it and the site.
RybenUK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 10:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Greetings from sunny Florida!(where it rains almost every day) I take it you are one for wingy things. I'm a tread head, but always like to see new members' builds and learn from their techniques. I'll keep an eye out for you, when I'm taken with building something that flies.

Actually Im also into armour builds. Just in my neck of the woods, the cheaper kits (from Airfix and Revell) tend to favour the planes etc so these are my early practice kits until i get into my stride.

Ive just purchased a Tamiya Early Tiger and King Tiger with Production Turret, and for my super detailed build that I`m planning for 2013 i`m getting a Dragon Jagdpanther early with Zim, all 1/35 scale which Im looking forward to tackling

dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2012 - 03:04 PM UTC
Hey Andy,welcome to the site. Plenty of modelers here to help out when you need it. Now lets see; glue finger prints, heavy paint job, unpainted parts, yup, you're in good company; heck, even Michaelangelo started somewhere not far from that description. Best to ya buddy, you'll get allot better as you go along, just ask anyone here.
 _GOTOTOP