_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Newish from Edmonton Canada
Canadiandiesel
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 - 03:31 PM UTC
Hello all, names Spencer, I've been building models since I was 8 or so I stopped at 17 because of life getting in the way and the constant moving around the country, finally settled down and just getting back into it after 10 years and lots has changed from my stand point, then again I did just straight box models and no modifications, now I play to detail and mod a little bit as I go.

I noticed the gallery is not allowing photos so I will have to wait till it works to start posting pictures or do you just use a offsite image hosting site?

Also just picked up a airbrush, this should be a interesting learning experience
Jessie_C
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 6,965 Posts
KitMaker Network: 609 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 - 03:54 PM UTC
Welcome to the best modelling site on the internet! Many of us use Flickr or Photobucket to host our images, because the members' gallery space is fairly limited. You may have run into an image size problem; images should be about 800 X 600 to keep the server from choking on them.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 - 11:00 PM UTC
Welcome to the Network Spencer.
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 09:59 AM UTC
Spencer

Welcome aboard. Always glad to see another Canadian around.

Kevin
usethermite
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 252 Posts
KitMaker Network: 42 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 05:50 AM UTC
Hi, Spencer, and welcome. You should learn alot here and have some fun. I use Photobucket to post images here. It's way easier and, like Jessica said, you get a ton more gallery space. Anyway, look around, kick the tires, and when you feel comfortable, join a campaign. Again, welcome, and all the best!
Happy Gluing, JT
Canadiandiesel
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 09:00 AM UTC
thank you all, i have already joined a campaign, got a m55 howitzer ive just started working on, gearing up for the winter months when i cant go play outside on my other toys,

however im finding that the local edmonton area hobby shops dont have alot to offer, i got a rc truck (x2) which is great for the parts but the model supplies sucks

is there a website everyone uses for getting what we need for models? im looking for surfacer 500, and a few other odds and ends, i was thinking micheals but they got nothing.

and i have started up a photobucket account, and just figuring out how to use that. should be interesting.
 _GOTOTOP