_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
My introduction
celticveil
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 12 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 12:26 AM UTC
Hi there guys. I've been lurking around the website for awhile and finally decided to join as I kept coming back over and over.

I'm a US Soldier stationed in S. Korea who recently returned to model building after an 8 year hiatus. I'm particularly working on 1/72nd WW2 dioramas and will eventually get to a legit 1/72nd Gettysburg diorama.

I'm also dabbling in 1/35th German tanks and a few odds and ends airplanes which caught my eye.

So, how was your day?
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 01:41 AM UTC
So, how was your day? [quoted text]

Coulda been better, but at least I'm not in Korea, so I can't complain. Welcome, and I look forward to seeing some of your work. Al
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 02:55 AM UTC
Hi. Welcome. I am permanently stationed in the US. I would love to see some of your Civil War builds. I'm a fan of it, but tanks keep pulling me back in to the armor fold.
celticveil
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 10:20 AM UTC
Cool. Give me time on the civil war aspect as I'm literally starting over from scratch. I built models for a long time before moving to wargaming (warhammer series) then gave all my stuff away in 2009 when I went to basic training. So I'm having to re-purchase EVERYTHING lol. Yeah, dumb move on my part to give it up in the first place, but live and learn.

@ Al Bubnis, Korea isn't so bad. Biggest issue for me is I have about 1 year, 3 months before I take terminal leave and go home for good. In the mean time my wife remains in the states waiting on me to get back.
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 04:10 PM UTC
Korea isn't so bad. Biggest issue for me is I have about 1 year, 3 months before I take terminal leave and go home for good. [Quoted text]

I hope everything goes smoothly and that the time passes quickly. Al
celticveil
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 05:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Korea isn't so bad. Biggest issue for me is I have about 1 year, 3 months before I take terminal leave and go home for good. [Quoted text]

I hope everything goes smoothly and that the time passes quickly. Al

Haha me too. Although since I'm a photojournalist who survived a tour with the 101st through Kandahar, Afghanistan, this is a cakewalk. Plus I have a Tamiya store in Seoul an hour away, and a hobby shop here with tons of Academy, Trumpeter, Revell Germany and Dragon models available. Time takes care of itself as I burn most of my downtime airbrushing or gluing things together. I just wish we had a better paint selection here but I do what I can with what I've got. Oh, the terrible 1st world problems I face
 _GOTOTOP