_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
greetings...
TigerTone
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 12 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 09:58 AM UTC
Hello from windsor, uk.

I used to be up in east midlands.

Started building models again just under two years ago, used to do it as a kid. main passion is motorcycles but the weather and circumstances lead me back to other pass-times. been lurking on this forum alot and learnt loads. so much has changed since i did it 15 years ago and its been great discovering the hobby again.

As the name suggests i like tigers!

now i have built a few and they seem half decent thought i join up and share my work - will start a thread with my cats in soon.

peace out
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 10:18 AM UTC
Welcome to the site, Tony. I look forward to seeing your work.
TigerTone
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 09:03 AM UTC
Thanks, will start a thread soon with my builds.

heres a little taster

warvos
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
entire network: 350 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 09:39 AM UTC
Welcome to the pack!

Your camouflage work looks very convincing. Looking forward to seeing more pictures .

Its a hobby which once you are bittenwill never let you out of her grasp.
TigerTone
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 10:51 AM UTC
Sorry guys but as my time is limited would rather spend it building than writing posts and uploading pics...

So here is a link to a model club i have joined this year and some of the builds i have done.

If anyone wants some more info/pics or WIP pics/info on any of these then i can start a thread on that particular vehicle as i have loads of every stage etc.

Peace out.

http://www.ipms-farnborough.co.uk/gallery/key/Tony+Oliver
Philbouq
Visit this Community
Yvelines, France
entire network: 30 Posts
KitMaker Network: 11 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 07:46 PM UTC
welcome to the forum Tony.
TigerTone
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 08:45 AM UTC
Couple new tigers added to my profile from august meet.

http://www.ipms-farnborough.co.uk/gallery/key/Tony%20Oliver

SS101 221 is dragon 6406 plus bison decals, atak zimm, panzerart barrel, karaya cables and modelkasten tracks, masterclub spare tracks, fenders attached with masterclub 0.8mm hex bolts, brass wire handles on upper track handles & a few bronco plastic wingnuts here and there. With tweaks and fixes as per tiger.info site. Figure is resin from china off ebay and mg34 is tamiya.

SS102 331 is dragon 6383 OOB. Afv club decals though. Tamiya figure.

Cheers.
TigerTone
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 11:34 AM UTC
Two new tigers!

http://www.ipms-farnborough.co.uk/gallery/key/Tony+Oliver?g2_itemId=8232&g2_imageViewsIndex=4

Spzabt 504 - 131. Used tiger1.info aswell as the new haynes manual about this tiger rebuilt at bovington. Its a Tamiya early with the figure from their initial 'afrika' kit.
Mainly OOB with stock tracks and decals. Had following additions - edges of armour plate textured and weldseams enhanced/added from archer resin decals. Mantlet notched on lower left corner. Headlight leads added. Lifting lugs on exhaust armoured covers from modelkasten track set. Tamiya etched grills. Handles on bow scratched/spares. Added the upper splash guard on the front edge of turret roof from the etched piece on dragon tigers pe fret designed the for lower section. Added etched
clamp handles to the moulded tool brackets and etched wingnuts to tow rope brackets etc. Tracks on bow are dragon magic with separate horns. Painted in lifecolor 8000 & 7008. Mainly Weathered with ak interactives 'rain marks' wash and light dust pigment. A bit of sponge chipping/wear and also a touch of streaking grime and rust streaks (ak too)

http://www.ipms-farnborough.co.uk/gallery/key/Tony+Oliver?g2_itemId=8262&g2_imageViewsIndex=4

Spzabt 501 - 301.
After checking pics on tiif.de i should have left the travel lock off on this build...
Tamiya mid mainly OOB stock decals too. Wolf resin figure.
Cavalier zimm, archer resin decal welds, mr 500 textured steel. Dragon DS tracks. Dragon magic tracks on turret with modelkasten lower supports from their track sets. Lifting lugs on exhaust armoured covers from mk set aswell. Added the upper splash guard on the front edge of turret roof from the etched piece on dragon tigers pe fret designed the for lower section. Etched clamp handles added to moulded tool brackets. Resin wingnuts (WW2 productions) added to tow rope clamps etc. Gunze yellow base, hairspray white wash (tamiya xf2)
Weathered with sponge chips then lots of ak's winter streaking grime and rust streaks. Mud is pigment mix and some gloss clear. Track cleats highlighted with tamiya x11 silver enamel.

Any q's please ask see the album for more pics of these...
 _GOTOTOP