_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New member....
heloman847
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 16 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 04:06 AM UTC
Hi All, I've just joined today, I'm Colin the guy behind the master at ROTORcraft. I was an industrial modelmaker for over 25 years, so i think I might just qualify.
My favourites are choppers 72nd and 48th mainly but I also model cars and bikes. I used to build X-planes as well.
I spent my early years in the Fleet Air Arm as a helo mechanic, mainly on Westland Wessex 5's. That was in the UK, then we emigrated to South Africa in 1980, we're just getting to like it here!
We lived in Johannesburg until two years ago when we 'gapped it' to the coast. We now live in Sedgefield, on the Garden Route in the Western Cape. Mostly it's sunny but sometimes we get stormy (good modelling)weather.

Colin (heloman847)
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 10:49 AM UTC
Good to have you. You qualify and then some. I was beginning to worry, as we haven't had any new members in a few days. I know you will find what you are looking for here. Even the arguments provide insight to new techniques.
 _GOTOTOP