_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
G'day from Canberra
Janglais
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
entire network: 16 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 05:11 PM UTC
Hi All,

Am new to the board - only came across it while looking for some inspiration for what kit(s) to start.

I haven't built anything since I was a kid (maybe 10-15 years ago), so I'll be well behind the 8-ball ... and to be honest, will need to 'rebuy' a hell of a lot of equipment.

I've been buying up a few kits in the past few years with the intention of doing something with them at some point, so am hoping that 2012 will be that time.

As I've been researching the war in the Pacific for the past 12 years or so, I'll most likely be concentrating on that period/theatre.

At the moment I'm planning on doing the following:-

* 1/48 CAC Boomerang
* 1/48 A6M2 Zero, Darwin 1942 (BII-124)
* 1/35 M3 Stuart, Sanananda 1942

Hope to see people around on here - I'll no doubt need some encouragement getting back into it all

Cheers,

Daniel
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 05:36 PM UTC
G'day Daniel, and welcome aboard. I was in the same boat as you a few years back when I disovered this site, and haven't looked back ! The people on these forums are incredibly talented and always willing to share information, tips and even kit parts, from all over the world. The trick is to post up lots of progress pictures and don't be shy about asking for comments and advice as you go. You will get nothing but constructive replies and your skill and enjoyment level will increase with every modeling session.

I'm building a Zero at the moment, and I have just received 2 1/48 Boomerang kits from an overseas seller a couple of weeks back, so I'm looking forward to seeing your builds progress.

Cheers, D
 _GOTOTOP