_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
hello to all
big_bert_uk
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 15 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 11:50 AM UTC
Hi all,

relatively new to the modelling world, apart from a brief stint as a youngster, just getting back into it to wade through my late fathers 200+ stash of kits!

no doubt ill pick up some tips from you guys along the way

see you around

bert
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 03:06 PM UTC
Welcome back, Wayne. Sorry about your father. That is quite a legacy he left you. Is there a subject you prefer? What kinds of kits do you have? You will get plenty of help here, and it seems there are quite a few modelers in your area, so you might run into a neighbor.
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 03:45 PM UTC
Hi Wayne, welcome back to the hobby. As Russ has pointed out there are lots of people out here who can give you advice and quiet a few in your area.
Although it's nice to be left with a legacy of kits it's also not so nice the way you come into them.
big_bert_uk
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 15 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 10:21 PM UTC
its mostly military, ww2 onwards, maybe 2 or 3 civilian kits, quite a few vechiles in addition to the aircraft, about 300 kits total

Also inherited his tools and paints and everything else, airbrush, compressor, etc etc.

its a hell of a legacy to complete, and some of the kits are older than me (37 this year)but rather than sell them on, i want to see if i can make a half decent job.

my only issue (and yes, ive had words with him up there) is that ill open a box and the kits half completed, most annoying!

i do have a few queries already, but ill post them in the right sections where necessary

thanks for the welcome

wayne
 _GOTOTOP