TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Most frustrating.....
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 05:21 PM UTC
Is there a Film or TV series you really looked forward to seeing, but after got really frustrated thinking the producers really screwed up and missed a great oportunity to make something good?
My vote would be for a British miniseries called Piece Of Cake. It was based on a book about a British fighter squadron from the start of the war to the Battle of Britain. To me the whole thing seemed to be to be made by people without any idea of making good drama and without a feel for the subject matter.
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2003 - 06:58 AM UTC
Thats Hollywood for you, either western or eastern media. They want something that will create ratings and money.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2003 - 09:03 AM UTC
Two words ,Pearl Harbor. I first saw a trailer for it, and based on the special effects was really looking forward to it. Then I started reading what folks on the various sites were saying and I wasn't hopeful. Then I saw the turkey. I borrowed it on DVD from a friend of mine and never even watched the second DVD. What a waste.

I started to be disapointed in The History Channel's new program Deep Sea Detectives. The first show seemed to be just a rebadged episode from History's Mysteries. Now thought I look forward to seeing it every week. It's not a bad show.