TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
E-bay stuff
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 12:56 PM UTC
Lately I've run into some interesting stuff on eby, like 300 Spartans on DVDand Once an Eagle on video. It seems the only place you can find the 300 Spartans DVD is on ebay, none of the big places, (Columbia house or Dvd planet) seem to carry it. As for Once an Eagle, that puppy went for over $150
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 05:13 PM UTC
I agree that eBay is the first place to look for those hard to find movies. However some of the bids placed are astronomical, way over what items are worth. I placed some military books up for auction and set a low start price as they are available from retailers at between £7 to £10. A couple of them have been bid way over the top. As I do not rip people off I have contacted the winning bidders in a couple of instances to give them free p&p. I just wish people would shop around more before throwing their money away.
1stsgt
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 173 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2003 - 09:20 AM UTC
I bought 300 Spartans on VHS for about $20.00, i do not have a real hobby shop (got Michaels,Hobby Lobby, Wal-mart) i get a lot of my models off ebay. I check other models site to compare prices, if it is good deal then i bid. Most people forget to add the S&H to the price. Sometime you pay more then if you bought it from a outlet.