_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi, I'm Max
maxmwill
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 334 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 01:24 AM UTC
I just found this forum, and would like to find a few things out. I am currently engaged in building a DO217 and an HS129, both in 1/48, and an F1M2 in 1/50. I would like to "dress' them up with engines and other accessories. Where could I go to get details for engine mounts for the two Germans, as well as more indepth cockpit details for them as well. Who makes simulated engines, as well. I have the Vector brand of engines, but they are rather light on instructions, and I wouldn't mind building reasonably accurate engines.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 02:06 AM UTC
Max, welcome to the site. If you go over to Aeroscale directly and ask there should be plenty of information available there. Post part of the question in the title to make it more specific. I'll look around and see if I have any reference info for you.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 02:40 AM UTC
Just from a quick check.
for the HS129, Eduard and CMK offer interiors. Quickboost offers gun and radio bay upgrades.
For the DO217, cockpit interiors are available from Eduard and CMK, engine from CMK, landing gear from SAC, complete (and complicated) engine from simple Models and cutting edge offers gun bay upgrades. There are probably more, and some items may be out of production.

I couldn't find any good photos of th engines. Most articles focused on the armament.

Most of the upgrades are for the Revell kits. I don't know which kits you have. Both look very interesting, so when you build them, post photos of your work.

Sorry about the F1M2. I don't know anything about 1/50 scale.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 03:42 AM UTC
A wingy thing builder. I'm a tread head, but I know from past forays that the guys over at Aeroscale are very helpful. Welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy it.
maxmwill
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 334 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 06:20 AM UTC
Thank you. As far as the F1M is concerned, the documentation I have are 2 Japanese publications, Famous Aircraft of the World, and Maru Mechanic. While they are printed in Japanese(and I do wish I could read it, because there is a lot of background, including the F1M1 precursor to the definitive Pete), the diagrams and numbers are easy enough to understand. Interestingly, with the Maru book, even though I don't have fastener patterns, there is enough data that I could conceivably build a full-size version as a homebuilt. The engine diagrams in both publications are also quite helpful, showing that the 1/48 scale Zuisei engine that I got from Vector is somewhat lacking.Something else: What primer did the Japanese use during the war?

As to the other two, while I've begun just preliminary construction, I'm still gathering information. I have the Squadron publication for the Henschel, I'd still like to gather still more, such as structural details for the nacelles, as well as a bit more for the cockpit. The same for the Dornier, although I'm having trouble locating engines. Is there something similar to the Squadron publication for the Dornier as well? Right now, I've got a few copies of old Air International, as well as Green's Warplanes of the Third Reich to help me along.
 _GOTOTOP