_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello I am.......
chillon
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 35 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 11:03 AM UTC
...wait a minute AA means anti aircraft and not 12 steps?

My names Dave, used to make models as a teenager but never moved on from doing an amateur coat of cammo paint/whatever. I do have such a strong memory of being 8-9yrs old and stood with nose pressed hard against a model shop window looking at some dioramas which as a child of that age instantly transported into what I was seeing and I have always held a desire to make something that might bring about the same feelings to somebody else and of course that I can go "na nah nee nah nah I made that" if necessary!

Many years later and with what would seem to be a lot of time on my hands coming up i thought I would find something to do with that time and the thought process led me to this and here.

Will be posting pictures as things progress and so far have spent 2 weeks researching, and by researching I mean hours and hours of internet browsing link saving, picture downloading, and components/materials suppliers.

Possiblly best described as 'mostly grumpy with very funny sense of humour' but apparently my g/f would say "only occasionally."
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 01:11 PM UTC
Welcome to the site and network Dave. What area or areas of the hobby interest you?
chillon
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 02:42 PM UTC
Over the years I have made all sorts of kits from AFV to airaft both military and civil, space race, cars and even one motorcycle but nothing to the sorts of skill level that I have seen in much of the content posted here.

I think it is fair to say military and primarily AFV although I would never excluded aircraft if something catches my eye

I have just started building my first diorama..
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 03:09 PM UTC
start a blog on the site Dave and hopefully members will be able to point you in the right direction when help is needed.
chillon
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 03:16 PM UTC
A blog blog? or a thread in the relevant forum? Done the thread thing, didnt realise there was a blog bit as well. If I get bored once I get through the stuff I have scheduled in the real world during the next couple of months then that might prove to be useful. Thanks.
 _GOTOTOP