_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from the Black Country UK
PubZombie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 31 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 08:34 AM UTC
Hi All,
just a quick note to say hi to all and say 'wow' what a kewl site and forum u have here.
I am returning to military modelling after a long long break -20 yrs - and I am just collecting together tools, paints, airbrush [never used one before] and a little stash of models to get started.
i am totaly amazed at the advances in tooling and quality of plastic kits these days and I am a little scared of making a mess of some awesome dragon kits i am thinking of buying.
I am a military historian by trade so i am returning to my roots my getting back into the very hobby that got me into my profession in the first place.
Now I no longer work for 'the man' and the kids have b#gg*r#d off I have more time on my hands and want to stay out the pub.
will be needing some help and advice in future so here's a big THANK YOU in advance
PZ
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 01:41 PM UTC
Welcome Steve.Sounds like you'll have some interesting models& stories.
Any particular area of interest? (Axis armor, Allied armor?)

Cheers,
Charles
PubZombie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 09:19 PM UTC
Hi Charles,
Well my first love when I was a kid was making WWI & WWII air-planes
I used to love making loads of old wwi biplanes and painting them up in the aces colours and liked making the German flying circus planes in all their glorious colours. I also loved making Axis WWII planes - my fave being the Me109 and Bf110 with their mottled camo.
As I got older and my skills improved I started making Tamiya AFVs [WWII] and putting them in dioramas.
My stash to start on includes a 1/48 Dragon Bf110 d and a host of little 1/72 WWI planes to practice airbrushing on.
Its my 40th soon and I have asked the family for a Dragon Panther Ausf D with zimmerit [ late 43/spring 44 diorama on the way here] and a Wingnut Wings Junkers JI [lack of rigging appeals to me]
as for future big projects -
I used to do a few war walks and battlefield tours so I want to do a diorama project of somewhere I know exactly what happened or have interviewed surviving veterans from. So either Normandy 1944 either operation Bluecoat or Cobra or the battle of Balaton spring 45.
so many models - so little time
Steve
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2011 - 12:57 AM UTC
Firstly, welcome back. I took a little hiatus, myself. Spent six years painting Warhammer figures and another four. Too busy being a dad and working 12 hour overnights at the mill.
PubZombie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2011 - 02:06 AM UTC
Thanx for the welcome :-),
I also have a few Warhammer figures I painted up for the kids to game with, it was fun but not the same as building accurate historical stuff.
About to practice my airbrushing on a tamiya panzer II.
Cheers
 _GOTOTOP