_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New here...
COASTIE
Visit this Community
New Plymouth, New Zealand
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 04:02 AM UTC
...and will need some help later !

Been building bits of plastic since my 7th birthday over forty years ago !! For the most part I build aircraft in 1:48 & 1:72, but do spend a lot of time planning, researching, building but hardly ever finishing 1:35 armour projects. ATM I have a Tamiya T55A halfway thru weathering, an old T34 (the one with the single huge roof hatch) in undercoat and a Jeep & a Deuce-and-a-half in construction oh, and just opened a Hobbyboss V100 and started on the interior !!

Where you guys can help is with my weathering, I can dry-brush and apply washes quite well, but applying pigments and filters is a whole new world to me... I'll be asking lots and lots of questions in due course.

AFN

Ian
richardw
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 34 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 11:41 PM UTC
Hi Ian and welcome.
Having just read your post I thought it was ironic that we both started making models at the same age (I'm 50 in three months time) and we're both new to the site. I have been out of armour modelling for ages while building and flying "wing things", the radio controlled type.
With regards to your comment about filters and pigments, it's a new language to me too, but from what most of the members seem to be saying, our old methods of washes and dry brushing are fine and it's just a case of "Go with what you know". Times and techniques change, we old fossils don't!
All the painting and weathering info can be found or asked on the relevent forum anyway.
Happy modelling. See you around.
Richard
windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,917 Posts
KitMaker Network: 133 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 - 02:25 AM UTC
Hey, me too! Seems a lot of us here are in our 40's.
I'm not expert at washes yet, but I've got dry-brushing down. I need to learn to use pigments and filters, so I'll be watching your progress carefully.
(Okay, I still don't even have an airbrush, so pigments and filters would get lost in my heavy paint jobs, but soon!)
thanks for posting!
-Sean.
bondova
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 12:44 PM UTC
welcome to the forum and nice to meet you.
 _GOTOTOP