_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from Afghanistan
ED1-19D-CavScout
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 10:55 PM UTC
Hello one and all, I'm SPC Eric "Ed" Diederich. As my title says I'm in Afghanistan right now. I'm a 19D Cavalry Scout. I'm a 1/35 scale builder. I enjoy all eras of tanks from WWII on up through today. I also attempt to build 1/35 infantry. I especially love WWII Soviet armor. I've never been a professional, mostly just hand paint, and use spray cans. When I go on leave this april I intend to finally get myself an air brush, and start to really detail my stuff. I love this hobby it keeps me sane, and hope to make even better projects in the future. So thats my story look forward to talking with you all!
~SPC Eric "Ed" Diederich
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 - 02:30 AM UTC
First and foremost Ed, thank you for your service, and welcome to the group. Lots of good advice here and all the modelers are at different levels of skill. You don't have to be a pro to fit in. It is nice that you have an outlet to help you to deal with the stress of deployment in an unfriendly atmosphere. God speed you home safe and unharmed...................... .......................Al
MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 751 Posts
KitMaker Network: 175 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 - 04:20 AM UTC
Ed,
Welcome to Armorama buddy. You will definitely enjoy your tour of duty here! I feel your pain man......I'm over here in Afghanistan too. Going through serious plastic withdrawals! Anyway, welcome aboard.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 - 04:48 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama Ed and there is no need for concern about skill levels as we have the full spectrum here from beginners up.
cdharwins
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 491 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 04:35 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama, Ed. This is a great site, lots of knowledge and skill here. I'm in Afghanistan too. Come hell or high water, I'm going to build a model or two while I'm here. 12 months is too long to go without building something!!
Sammuel
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 200 Posts
KitMaker Network: 54 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 03:57 PM UTC
Ed;

From a retired Navy Guy, thank you for you service. I started modeling after I retired in 2002. What ever your skill level, it dosn't matter. The guys and gals in this group will go out of there way to help you improve in the hobby.

I'm a 1/700 ship builder. Not good with the airbrush and most of the time still use rattle cans and brushes all the time. Just have fun and keep building.

Very Respectfully

Sam
 _GOTOTOP