TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Hanks, Spielberg Do Imperial Japan
PfcGreen
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 103 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2003 - 02:36 PM UTC
Not sure if this has been posted about before or not, I have'nt been to the site in awhile...so if it has feel free to delete it, or ignore it.

Hanks, Spielberg Do Imperial Japan

by Josh Grossberg
Jul 21, 2003, 2:15 PM PT

Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg are gearing up for another tour of duty.

The Emmy-winning producing team behind HBO's critically acclaimed epic Band of Brothers, which charted American soldiers' heroism against the Nazis in Europe during World War II, are switching theaters to the Pacific and Imperial Japan.

According to the trades, Hanks and his Playtone producing partner Gary Goetzman are reuniting with the Saving Private Ryan director to mount a new 10-part WWII miniseries, dubbed for now "Untitled World War II Pacific Theater Project," which is on the fast track at DreamWorks.

Like Band of Brothers, the new mini-series will channel the scope and spirit of that award-winning docudrama by focusing on a battalion of soldiers through America's island assault against the Japanese, which culminated in the Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Rest of story:
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,12189,00.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've heard that this series will have a budget of more than $100 million, way more than "Band of Brothers". As well a a little longer.

If its as good as 'Brothers' was I will be a very happy person indeed

not sure if this has been posted about before or not, I have'nt been to the site in awhile...so if it has feel free to delete it, or ignore it.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2003 - 04:51 PM UTC
I think we did have a discussion here about this a while back. My questions about this are pretty basic at first. Is this a Marine or Army unit? Is it going to be about a factual unit or fictional so they can have them fight in more battles?
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 07:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My questions about this are pretty basic at first. Is this a Marine or Army unit?

Hell with that. What about the Navy! Maybe something a little broader in scope that would show some flyers, or a UDT team, or even a gun crew.

If you are interested in seeing this made, shoot a letter over to Dreamworks to tell tham how excited you are about the project. Couldn't hurt.

Steve
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 1,432 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 08:00 AM UTC
ooo I hope army.

since their are already 2 marine movies and god knows how many navy movies. no offence.

but maybe its gonna be a little of all?

I cant wait tough since my band of brothers 'dvd's are turning grey cause I watch em 2 much