_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Big Hello from the Big Smoke (Toronto, ON)
Thivi11
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 61 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 02:00 AM UTC
Hey everyone! I got into modeling about a year or 2 ago because the father-in-law is addicted. I have only completed 3 kits, and have one underway, but none have seen paint yet. I'm in the process of buying my first airbrush (Paasche Talon) and maybe getting a little compressor. Hopefully I will get some pictures of my work on here and maybe get some much needed feedback. Thanks everyone, talk to you soon!

By the way, does anyone know of a good model shop around downtown Toronto?

Thanks again!
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 08:59 AM UTC
Welcome to the site, I'm sure you find lots of feedback here when you post your pictures..

Delbert
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 09:41 AM UTC
Welcome aboard Jaredt
MUNROS
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 75 Posts
KitMaker Network: 27 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 03:16 PM UTC
Hey Jaredt. welcome to the site. I'm new to this too. I'm working on my sixth model. You'll find this site VERY helpful. Anything you may want to learn is available here. Don't overlook the search area at the top of the page. If you can't find it there, someone will reply and help you out. There are a lot of more experienced modellers here, that could advise you about an airbrush. But for what it's worth, I have a Paashe Talon. They are reasonably priced, we made, and if you buy the Talon with the three tips and needles and fan tip as a kit, you can save even more. It's marketed as the TG-3F SET. For painting models, i don't think you'll ever feel the TALON is holding you back from doing your best work. RONNY.
Thivi11
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 61 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 - 02:12 AM UTC
Great! Thanks for the feedback! My Talon should be on its way soon, and then I'll get painting and get some pictures on the site. Right now my model stuff is elsewhere but I'll be picking it up soon. There's pretty much no way to get feedback from anyone unless you've got pictures lol
redski9316
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 48 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16,777,213 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 - 09:34 AM UTC
hello all,
joined Kit maker network today, been back into modelling since last year, after a 17year break!!
lots has changed since i last made kits, but looking forward to sharing my attempts with every one

Cheers

Redski
 _GOTOTOP