_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Howdy y'all!
RLBadKarma
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 02:21 AM UTC
Thought I'd introduce myself. 47 year old Navy Vet(81-85) from the Missouri Ozarks. My first model was an A7 Corsair II when I was 12. Been building off and on ever since. Mostly military with a few Hot Rods mixed in here and there. Have finally gotten around to starting my very first diorama. I've been playing miniature wargames for the last 15 years and decided to just go ahead and get this project going.

You have a fine community here and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Thanks,

Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 02:52 AM UTC
Wow, 24 hours and 56 views and no welcome?

I got a warmer reception in Beirut in 83.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 04:33 AM UTC
Reverse schedule yesterday or I would have seen this. Welcome aboard. What is your diorama about? Post some photos of your work. For the hot rods you can visit the Automodeler site here at Kitmaker as well. I'm assuming you were talking about cars and not WWII radial engine fighters.
RLBadKarma
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 05:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Reverse schedule yesterday or I would have seen this. Welcome aboard. What is your diorama about? Post some photos of your work. For the hot rods you can visit the Automodeler site here at Kitmaker as well. I'm assuming you were talking about cars and not WWII radial engine fighters.

Hehehe.

The Dio is in the planning stage right now. It involves a Bradley and a squad of infantry in Kuwait. I've ordered the models and am now in the research stage of scenery. My partner at work was over there in an Abrams, so he's providing the big part of information.

There were actually both, cars and planes, back then. Had a B-17G that I just loved. Alas, I left for the Navy an they left for the big workbench in the Sky.
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 05:42 AM UTC
Welcome aboard. Like Russ sez, post pics, ask questions, we all might learn something.

I spent a few years in St. Louis, didn't get many chances to travel to the Ozarks.
 _GOTOTOP