TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
What's wrong with Lucas?
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 02:14 PM UTC

Saw that the 'special version' of Star Wars was on TBS tonight and was wondering why won't Lucas put the original movies out on DVD. (Maybe they are out and I have missed them?)

I have the VHS of the special edition trilogy, but would like DVD. Why the problem? Is he going to re-re-release the movies to the theaters yet again?

Can't he just sit down for a few hours, do a director's commentary, throw in a few 'extras' and make everyone happy? Does he need more money?

Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2003 - 03:00 AM UTC
I don't know this from personal info but a friend of mine says he is NOT going to bring them out on DVD until the final movie of the series is released. When is the last movie, Episode 3, coming out? This Christmas? Maybe we'll see the DVD versions next Christmas?

User_789
Visit this Community
Sweden
entire network: 476 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2003 - 03:17 AM UTC
As all movie-directors wants to earn money, Lucas also want to do that on his movies. So I think Lucas are going to release all movies in one. That would be Episode: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6; with extra material of-course.

Actually, Peter Jackson got the idea with the extended editions to "The Lord of the Rings" from George Lucas. George wanted, like Peter, to add a quarter of an hour to the movie, to add more "story" to the movie.

These guys does everything to earn money on their "quarter of an hour add-on movies".
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2003 - 03:57 AM UTC

I thought the two new movies were on DVD already?

Man, I think people are starting to loose some interest in the Star Wars saga. Just put the DVD's out already!
Phantom
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 195 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 04:45 PM UTC
The first two are out already - I have them. I'm also curious as to why the origal trilogy hasn't come out on DVD yet. I have the trilogy on VHS, of course, but missed getting the widescreen extended version. I would really, really like to see them come out without having to buy the first three episodes.

I really don't care if he's waiting just to make a little more money, I just want the movies!!
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 11:51 AM UTC

Yeah, at least I made the decision to get the widescreen version on VHS.

Actually, I hope they will release a widescreen DVD of the original theatrical version (minus the computer ehnacments of the 'special' editions). That would be the set that I get.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 06:55 PM UTC
None of the first three were ever released on DVD? Or is this some extended super set with such useful items as star bio's and coments from directors and makeup artists extc. Sorry, usually when I buy a movie, that's all I want lengthening the movie would be a bonus, the rest I find is almost more bother than it is worth having to constantly click it to get the little tidbits of stuff to work. I could have sworn I saw the first 3 out, maybe not in a special set.but individually done.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 05:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I could have sworn I saw the first 3 out, maybe not in a special set.but individually done.

Nope, not on DVD.
shootER5
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 64 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 11:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Actually, I hope they will release a widescreen DVD of the original theatrical version (minus the computer ehnacments of the 'special' editions). That would be the set that I get.

I wouldn't count on that. Even though those are the films that the fans would really want to see, I'll bet that he only releases the "fixed" versions of episodes IV-VI.
HORUS
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 7 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 11:15 PM UTC
The original 3 are out ...in Japan only and are not cheap, my buddy got them and even tho they are not actuall legal DVD's you can hardly tell the difference:)