_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Good Hobbies never die.
raypalmer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 100 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 - 01:13 PM UTC
Well I reckon I've made about forty or fifty model airplanes. But only in my youth, the odd car too. Then I discovered Warhammer, I never played it, but spent a good 18 months painstakingly painting an army of elves that eventually sold for a reasonable sum on eBay.

After that I went to college, played with real cars and got really into DIY audio equipment.

Anyway, my audio obsession has been halted by: the loss of my speaker cabinet workshop (I'm moving out of range of my Dad's garage) and the exceedingly high cost of transformers and chokes for the type of amps I like to build.

So I'm going to go back to basics. Time to enjoy a thumping good model here and there. I never once managed to finish a tank, but I'm keen on doing some armour. Though I feel I'll probably ease back into it again with a nice FW190 or maybe an EI Lightning...

Things I mastered in my youth:
Brush painting
Acrylics
Dry-brushing
Graphite Shading
Washing
Highlighting
Flocking

Things I am eager to conquer:
Airbrushing
Chalk Pastel Shading
Proper Masking
Non-decal Markings
Water (puddles and the sea)
Oils (I hate oils)

I'm about three computers since my last model but I'll scrounge and see if there are any remaining pictures of anything I've built before.

Can anyone recommend a good Air Compressor for airbrushing that's cheap enough that my wife won't eat me:|
wonktnodi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
entire network: 190 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 - 02:18 PM UTC
I got a decent aircompressor from Kragen Auto Parts for about $50.00. Has a built in air tank and a good pressure regulator, kinda loud though. If you have a Harbour Freight Tools store near you, they have some small compressors for pretty cheap.
 _GOTOTOP