_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from the Lou!
kfarley03
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 02:16 PM UTC
I have been building model cars since I was a kid, but I am very new to military modeling. I am currently working on two builds...one is a vietnam era M-60 gunner (gift for my step-father) and the other is a Korea era Navy UDT (gift for my grandfather). I am always looking for advice as I would love to hone my skills.

I have encountered my first real difficulty and would love any advice. On my M-60 gunner, the bandoliers that came with the soldier broke while I was attempting to wrap them around the figure. I work in 1/35 right now. Any advice on either where to get more ammo, or ways to fabricate some?

I will certainly post pics when I am done with the project.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 05:46 PM UTC
First, welcome aboard. Glad to have you at the site. Next, as to the bandolier, there may be some aftermarket items available, either in photoetch or plastic. Maybe you could use a thin strip of styrene or some paper as a backing for the bandolier and attach the ammo in sections. If you get a chance, post a photo in the forum under figures, as this deals mainly with 1/35 scale military topics. Someone is sure to have experienced this before.

There are a lot of topics covered at this site, and with figures also over at Historicus Forma. Hope this helps.
 _GOTOTOP