_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
new to site greetings !
EMBLEMHUNTER
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 65 Posts
KitMaker Network: 26 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 06:37 PM UTC
Hello all members,I'm new here,just found the site via a search I was doing on a P-47 unit emblem, hope this one will be a good one too !
I'm an avid WW2 military aviation unit emblem design researcher, I am alwys tracking down colors/details etc on WW2 USAAF/USN/USMC designs both "Official"/"Unofficial" and love doing this and I'm an artist of leather flying unit patches of the same era and this is what got me into the research I love doing !!!!!!!
There are so many emblems from this time period and I'm still finding new ones to get ID's and or colors for etc,fascinating hobby to say the least !!!!!
I do ID's of emblems of US flying untis so anyone out there need help,feel free to contact me!
Happy modeling and collecting to all !!!!
Johnny
[email protected]

Anyone wanting to view some photos of my leather flying unit patches can go to this site,
leatherworker.net and go to the "Our Gallery" section, I have 25+ years at making them.
flipper21
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 120 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 04:18 AM UTC
Hi Johnny , Welcome to the site. I am a big fan of WWII nose art. Do you build models?....Vince
EMBLEMHUNTER
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 65 Posts
KitMaker Network: 26 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 06:46 AM UTC
Hello Vince, yes I'm a model builder in my spare time, I do military aircraft,I had a big collection of WW2 era USAAF some years ago but I sold it all to a WW2 veteran and I have 50-60's and some modern day USAF types of aircraft now ,I was born in 59 so I am doing my "era" in aircraft. I haven't had too much time to devote to my models lately as I got a computer recently and am an artist of Leather flying unit patches and it has taken off so I'm working with that most of the time.
I'm not a "pro" modeler but my models are pretty good even so,most a 1/48 and a few 1/32 scale and some 1/72 mixed in.
I'm not able to load photos to send as I've not learned that process yet,sorry I can't show you how my models look.
yeah the nose art is agreat WW2 era creations and it's starting to sneak back into modern day military here and there.
Do you have models with nose art or just like photos of it ?
Talk with ya later friend as I have to go out right now,happy modeling !
Johnny
[email protected]
flipper21
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 120 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 08:35 AM UTC
Johnny, I don't have any models with nose art, I mostly enjoy looking at the photos and reading the stories about the plane and crew. Some of the nose art is comical and of course the pin ups are always nice to look at . Don't forget to check out the Aeroscale site,it's for aircraft modelers....Vince
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 10:26 AM UTC
Welcome.

This is a great place to gather and converse about all the things that make this hobby so great.

I would like to encourage you to check out the campaigns and enjoy a build.
 _GOTOTOP