_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello Everyone
FLAKATTAK
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 53 Posts
KitMaker Network: 19 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 05:23 AM UTC
Hi Guys, I am a complete newbie on here with just a few posts to my call sign, I have just noticed this forum, so here goes. I have just started building model kits, although I did some when I was a nipper, but how Its changed. I am going to have another go & have just bought myself an Airbrushing kit & got some Model Aircraft to go at. Any help, tips, advice on Airbrushing, cleaning, painting, which paints to use, where to get them. I would be forever in your debt, If you can help us out. I will be testing my airbrushing out on a Focke Wulf & Mustang scale 1:72. I have a few Items now, Light Grey Primer, masking tape & other bits 'n' bobs, but the main requirement now Is paint, I am going for Acryllic, but havent a clue which make of Acryllic to go for, before when I painted my models up with a brush, you knew which paint to get because It was numbered, so you just went to the shop & got the paint, say number 8 Matt Black (Revell Enamel), how do you know which paint to get in Acryllics or do you just go for the paint that loooks roughly the same, this might sound a dumb question but please humour me here..

Like I have said, I am a complete novice & any help will be Invaluable to me.

Thanks in advance.
Sean.
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 12:04 PM UTC
Ask a lot of questions; don't be afraid to try something; don't stop (old joke punchline); there are a lot of very talented people here who are great at sharing and helping. Everyone knows something unique and likes to talk about it. Just ask. Welcome aboard.

Matt
driffowl
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 42 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 - 02:41 AM UTC
eyup sean always good to welcome another "yorkie" to the site
i'll si thi
cheers
FLAKATTAK
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 53 Posts
KitMaker Network: 19 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 - 04:03 AM UTC
eyup spadge. thanks for the welcome. so far Its been an excellent site.
 _GOTOTOP