_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from Long Island, NY
NYLeatherneck
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 18 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 06:09 AM UTC
Just wanted to say hello. I'm from Long Island and used to love model building as a kid. Now that I have a kid of my own, I thought it would be cool to pick it up again.

I've been browsing different sites trying to learn about painting techniques, equipment, etc and stumbled onto this site. I learned allot by browsing these forums so I thought I would join.

I'm a military buff. Served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1989-1993 as a TOW Gunner and served in Desert Storm. I'll be doing mostly military vehicles and dioramas. I'll post some pics once I have some that I'm proud to show.

I look forward to learning more and contributing to these boards.
bellers
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 253 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 06:44 AM UTC
looking forwerd to seeing your work michael. welcome to the site
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 07:08 AM UTC
Welcome to the site Micheal ! I'm in to my aircraft , but since joining and posting pic's of my builds . Even if I didn't feel that they were good enough . The guy's here on the site are very helpful with sharing their tips and experiences in a friendly atmosphere .
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 08:00 AM UTC
Welcome to the board.
Your profile says Alabama...are you there or NY? If you are on LI, hope you make it over to Freeport 21 November for the Long Island Figure Show. There's a small plastic section but a ton of great figures and a good vendor room.
NYLeatherneck
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 18 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 03:13 PM UTC
I fixed my profile, thanks. Right now, I'm in the process of researching some air brushes and reading about some painting techniques. I stocked up on Tamiya paints and some brushes. Once I get my airbrush, I'll practice some techniques and begin having some fun.

mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 05:08 PM UTC
Welcome aboard Michael . Looking forward to you posting and build photos. So pull up a chair, grab a kit and enjoy yourself here.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
 _GOTOTOP