_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Need help/advice
lee_stone
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 - 03:35 AM UTC
Hello,

First let me introduce myself, my name is Lee Stone, and I am not a model enthusiast. I have joined this forum to seek out advice regarding a collection of models that belonged to my grandfather.

My grandfather passed away several years ago, he was retired from the US Army as a Lieutenant Colonel. He was a WWII vet, where he served in the Pacific. During which time he met and married my grandmother, who was a Army Nurse. They were married on Guam.

To the point, my grandfather loved building Military model's, there are hundreds if not thousands of models in his home, all built with his own hands. We need to figure out what to do with all of them. There are a few we would like to keep, but no one has room for the entire collection.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Any adivce would be greatly appreciated. This collections represents a significant portion of my grandfathers life, I would like to preserve it intact if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Lee
Anmoga
Visit this Community
Spain / España
entire network: 456 Posts
KitMaker Network: 87 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 - 03:59 AM UTC
Hi Lee,

How about a museum or his old unit? My grandfather (he didn't get the general ribbons for a couple of months although they offered him to wear them in official acts) collected guns and when he died my grandmother donated them to his old unit. He was an artilleryman and was condecorated with the most prestigious medals (even the one that is in the neck) for his actions in the Spanish Civil War.

Have a nice day,
Angel
 _GOTOTOP