TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Hulk Movie Military Equipment (no spoilers)
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2003 - 01:26 AM UTC
Took the wife and kids to see the movie yesterday. Kind of dragged on for 2 hours with a few good action scenes. Neat part is when the military starts a'chasing the green guy.

The tanks look like the same British tanks (Challengers?) that they dressed up to look like M1s for the movie "Courage Under Fire" with Denzel Washington. Plenty of diorama scenes to do here with all those inaccurate M1 kits on my shelves.

There are also a few RAH-66 Comanches taking pock shots at him. Some neat close ups of these choppers. There's another late model Huey that transports the general around as he directs the attack. It's an RC model in some scenes (like just above the water).

They also use some F-22 fighters in this movie. The Comanche and F-22 are mock ups and computer generated craft for a lot of scenes since none are operationally fielded.

Several HMMWVs and assorted military trucks. Even an old Skycrane makes an appearance.

See, nothing in this post to give away anything about the movie that you don't see in the trailers.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2003 - 06:06 AM UTC
Hmmm, that explains the odd-looking vents I saw underneath the "M1's" that the Hulkster was man-handling...

Fun movie - the wife and I enjoyed it. We didn't enjoy all the "know-it-all" geeks surrounding us in the theater, nor the babies whaling in the back...

Gunnie
Tankera1
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 02:40 AM UTC
Yes, it was a fun movie although a bit different from the Hulk of the early 60's that I grew up with. The military equipment was well done and interesting to say the least. I too had to deal with the baby in the back of the theatre. I often wonder why people bring very small children and babies to movies. Oh well, it is a good movie although it does drag in places as Sabot said.
stressor
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
entire network: 44 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 01:57 PM UTC
Such a nice movie, but I did not bring my wife coz I don't have one.
I thought its only in the Philippines where people bring their babies in movie houses.
yagdpanzer
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 415 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 05:28 PM UTC
Haven't seen the movie yet, but my 10 year old grand daughter told me it was really boorrring. I'll wait for the video. #:-)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 08:25 PM UTC
I went to a military theater in Spandahlem once, they had a special room set up for mama's and their babies. Soundproof with their own spaekers, kiddies could scream without ruining it for everyone else, wonder why that never caught on, just enclose about 4-5 rows in one of the upper corners. Hulk was always one of my favorites when I was a kid in the 60's
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 205 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 05:32 AM UTC
Not a bad idea, I too wish that trend picked up.
shootER5
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 64 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 05:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The tanks look like the same British tanks (Challengers?) that they dressed up to look like M1s for the movie "Courage Under Fire" with Denzel Washington.

Those were Aussie Centurions.

One of my best friends was an extra in that film. He was in the background in the "Fort Hood" scene (actually San Marcos, Texas) and, because his resume includes his military service, he went to El Paso to help crew the tanks for the battle scenes. He TC'd one of the M1 mockups. He swiped a Russian-style tanker helmet for me (and a lot of other stuff for himself) that was used as set dressing on the T-55s.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 11:08 AM UTC
I found a Hulk movie storybook geared towards children. In it are a couple of photos of Big Green heading towards the faux Abrams. Three pretty good shots, one of the tank's underside. Real easy to tell it's not a real Abrams. Enough for me to fake the paint scheme and extrapolate a complete pattern.