_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Let me introduce myself...
Lector
entire network: 32 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 - 07:10 PM UTC
Good Morning to all of You...

Finally I´ve decided to join this community...

My name is Roberto García-R. , and I live in the East coast of Spain. I´m 41 y.o. and I work as engineer for the Safety & Health Department of an University.

I began to build models as far as 1.982. It has alway fascinated me... then It suddenly was shut down in 1.994: a serie of personal disasters & job desventures made me to "close the business"... now it seems that I´m gonna have an opportunity to retake the matter...

What I can clearly appreciate is that Internet has revolucionated this hobby: the lots of info, knowledge, virtual stores, blogs, etc... it´s fantastic if You compare all this with what was available 25 years ago !!!

See You here, OK?
Thank You...
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 - 10:30 PM UTC
Hola Roberto!
You aren't wrong when saying a lot has changed... Even in the short while I have been modelling there have been changes. I'm sure that you will find all of what you require here in the way of information and tutorials and there is a great lot of knowledge and assistance from many individuals here
Brad
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 - 05:37 AM UTC
Welcome Roberto. Everything has really changed. When I look bak at some of the old kits, I see that there is no comparison to what is around today. There has never been the availability of resources like we have today. This community is a great resource. Thanks for joining.

Matt
Lector
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 05:00 AM UTC
Good afternoon,

Thank You very much for your kind words & welcome, Brad and Matt... both You and me agree in that this place is a sharing & learning place... a very fresh & dinamic site...

Wherever You go... You find or read something new or very interesting...

I don´t know if today I´ll get some modelling time (( brrrr.... )) , but it´s a strange thing: I´ve just retaken it since a month or so, slowly, and everyday that passes it "itches" a bit more to me... I think You understand, mates...

I´m gonna try to post some photos of my work-study-hobby room, so we can get a little "closer"...

See You, mates !
Roberto "Lector"
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 09:35 AM UTC
Hello Roberto! Always good to find another re-energized modeler. Welcome back!
Rick
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 10:29 AM UTC
Welcome to the club Roberto.
panzergoth
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 03:56 PM UTC
Welcome , Roberto. Yes a lot has changed and it seems as though the quality of modelling continues to increase due to A.M. products and new techniques. There has never been a better time to be in the hobby so welcome back, Jim Rosado
dropshot
Visit this Community
Provincia de Pontevedra, Spain / España
entire network: 300 Posts
KitMaker Network: 80 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 11:30 PM UTC
Bienvenido Roberto ,You´ve found the right place for great photos ,great advice,great inspiration & great news. All this for free but it´s only right to share work,ideas,advice & information but as I find myself with less free time these days ,I can´t share as much as I´d like to. There are lot´s of people that "come back to the hobby" to find lots of changes & everybody´s welcome because there are so many different levels of expertise without the arrogance of any superiority complex, best folk in the world!!! .
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 12:31 AM UTC
Welcome Roberto

Great site, great people... enjoy

HastyP
Lector
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 07:10 AM UTC
Wow, what a good & charming welcome that all of you have given me !!! Thanks Paul, Mike, Jim, Darren, Rick, Matt, Brad...

So let me take all of you guys to my "virtual Ned Flanders Style Underground Home-Pub" to take a (virtual, again) beer together, ah? Do You? For this purpose I´ve a load of "Newcastle Brown Ale" and "Alhambra" (this one is Budweiser / heineken type... )

It goes for All of You, mates !!

Cheers Again !!
montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 12:17 AM UTC
hi and welcome
 _GOTOTOP