_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
a hearty HELLO from the palmetto state (S.C.)
grandad43
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 59 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 09:59 AM UTC
Hello all
My nams Larry, I am 65 years of age and I hale from the confederate state of South Carolina in the good old US of A
I am a retired ( Forced out after 43 years ) newspaperman I am into modeling as something to occupy me Idal moments
I live the outdoors and spending time with my grown kids my grandkids and YES my great grandkids
Swimming in the pool making trips to the lake and ocean working with my flowers and helping my son with his racing
and oh yea chatting on the internet
This site is exactually what have been seeking, most modeling sites are strictly for auto and trucks or boats or airplanes or for RC models
my builds are unique most of them are from scratch cause I cannot afford the price that the kit companies charge
also in the town where I live we have no place to buy models paints or modeling supplis the nearest hobby shop is 50 miles from my house!
I am just getting over a severe heart attack and my physical activity is restricted

Grandad
Larry
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 10:13 AM UTC
Welcome to the site Larry and I hope you find it helpful in your builds. I look forward to seeing some of scratch builds.
grandad43
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 59 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 01:22 PM UTC
hi Darren
first of all I have been a member of a number of online clubs and this one , by far and away seems to be the biggest and the best. however It may take me some time to learn how to navigate this huge site
so give me a few seconds~ERRR~~~~~ hours~ERRR~~ days~ERR ~~ weeks~ERRR~~~~ months~ERRR
you get the point! I am an old man and DAG BURN IT find this modern newfangled computer driving away way little mind I had left !!!!!!

grandad43
Larry
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 10:52 PM UTC
hello Larry and welcome to the site i can empathise with you on how mind-boggling this site is i myself have only been a member just over 4 months now and i'm still getting my bearings but just take your time and you get there i too can't wait to see some pics of your scratch builds i'm quite intrigued to see what you've created
montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 12:19 AM UTC
hi and welcome
 _GOTOTOP