_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
This Site
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2003 - 11:43 PM UTC
Hello All

When I tell all of the new enlistees here that they have found the best site for info responses, tips and just friendly greetings and encouragement, I knew I was correct, but I never knew how correct till just the last week or so. I have been to some other modeling sites to see other galleries and try to learn as much as possible. I find, posting at some of these sites can be a waste of time. You ask for info you get one response if that. No constructive criticism. Very few new posts on anybodys questions.
When I say this place and the people are the best I truely mean it!
Thanks everyone for making this place the best site for modeling around and for helping me improve my skills.

Regards
HastyP
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 02:26 AM UTC
Thanks to you too HastyP. Armorama is a very very special place. If you read important scale models magazines you'll see what they claim about theyr own sites and forums, but honestly, in my view, they're nothing compared to Armorama: ages before receiving a reply (if any) to your post and always somebody ready to "teach you" something instead of sharing its experience as happens with everybody here in Armorama...
Ciao
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 05:02 AM UTC
:-) That's why I consider the big "A" my home on the net. Everyone here tries to help their fellow modellers. Newbies can ask questions with confidence, knowing that they wont be slagged off for "not knowing that basic technique" like on some other sites. There are no elitists here, I love it. Armorama will become the internet mecca for modellers :-)
Mal
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 06:52 AM UTC
With you guys all the way on that, Im cracking a cold Stella for you all.
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 07:32 AM UTC
There are no experts here,only friends in the same hobby.
Arthur
steve203
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 579 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 10:44 AM UTC
You are very correct. I have only been a member here a short while. I have had nothing but good input, and help. Everyone has been very friendly. I recently joined another site. I have had almost no responses to my posts and some members have been extremely rude. I really appreciate everyone heres kindness and assistance.
mrs_selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 225 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 06:38 PM UTC
I have not been a member here for very long either, but the community here has been awesome. I have been to many forum discussions on different sites, not just for armor and models, but for many other subjects. I have never seen a forum as active as the ones here. Not only is there wonderful diversity in modeling and diversity in the people who come here regularly, but the sense of humor, comradeship and warmth since being a member has made this place my favorite hangout. I too am very thankful for the people who are here and who make up this unique wonderful place. And have been an inspiration for me to tackle my first model ever for the Barberossa Group Build.

_GOTOTOP