_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New Guy
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 05:55 AM UTC
Hi:

I have been reading and looking at great models since I registered in August, and it occurred to me that I have not taken the opportunity to say hello and introduce myself. I live in California, about 36 miles south of San Francisco. We have a great hobby shop here, and I collect many more than I am able to build. I am interested in Marine and Navy Aircraft, and some (Russian) armor. My most recent build was the italeri Elco 80 PT Boat. It was also my first effort with photoetch.

I served in the Marine Corps fr. 1965-71 in Air Delivery and Infantry (machingunner). I studied aeronautics and art in college (Master of Fine Art), and have been using airbrushes for a long time.

I just want to tell you how much I have learned just reading and looking at what you all do. This is an amazing community of people, and I happy to be here with everyone. You are all an amazing resource. I am coming back to this after about a 25 year break, and am excited to build again. I am currently working on a 1/32 Trumpeter F-105D. I am calling the build "Big Brass Ones" in tribute to what they did for us in Viet Nam.

I am interested in art and art history, photography, avid golfer, Russian History, American history, anything with wings and engines, and everything new in this hobby. This is an incredible place and I am glad that I found it. Your builds are beautiful, and really inspiring. thanks for what you do, and the help you have so far extended to me. I appreciate it.

Matt Cusimano

Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 09:30 AM UTC
Welcome to the site Matt "officially" from a fellow modeller from "over the pond"
mvfrog
Visit this Community
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 09:34 AM UTC
Thanks for the welcome. 'Enemy At The Gates' is a great story. The Battle of Stalingrad is one of the Russian people's greatest triumphs. The sniper portrayed in the movie is quite a national hero in Russia.

Matt
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 09:38 AM UTC
welcome to the site Matt. Ant
mvfrog
Visit this Community