_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Greetings from snowy Finland!
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 10:01 AM UTC
Hi all modelers! My name is Kimmo and I live in city of Tampere on centre of Finland. I´m 39 years, married and have 3 kids. I´m making come back on modeling after 20 years since my latest model (1/24 Plymouth GTX ´70). Yeah, I know, not a AFV model exactly. I finished my first model after break on 2008 and it was 1/35 T-34/76 ´43 of Zvezda, made to look as Beutepanzer. That was my first model ever, which I tried washes, chipping, etc... It was also my first touch on Friul tracks plus I replaced some of the kits parts with selfmade parts. Well result was what it was but it still got some encouraging comments on finnish modeling site, where it is in my gallery.
But I´m pushing forward trying to developed my skills on modeling. New project in under process... When I´m not in my corner modeling, I´m hanging here enjoying your great models and seeking information.
So, cheers to you all and forgive, if my grammar is wrong, english is not my first language.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 10:16 AM UTC
Tervetuloa Armorama. I was in Tampere last year and saw the exhibition on the Civil War - very powerful. Nice city too.

Have a good look around at the features and blogs and feel free to ask any questions.

Your English is much better than my Finnish and I've been married to a Finn for ten years
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 10:40 AM UTC
Thanks Pat! Wow, world is small, have to say. Couldn´t believe, I would right away spot a forum member, who has been in my home town and is married with a finn. Did you visited here, when we had that exhibition on Continution war between Finland and Russia 1941-44?
montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:53 AM UTC
hi, and welcome
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 01:14 PM UTC
Welcome to the site Kimmo
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 01:23 PM UTC
greetings from snowy england though i doubt we've got as much as you, anyway welcome to the site Kimmo. Ant
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 01:36 PM UTC
Welcome to the network!
I know you'll find what you need with modeling here.
feel free to ask any questions in threads, join campaigns (group builds) don't forget the reset of the networks subsites. Use the switch site combo box at the top to explore the other genres. Each site has its own features and reviews sections: these are Great resources.
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 09:45 PM UTC
Thanks for your warm welcoming guys! Try to hold on Ant and enjoy snow. It wont stay there for long, I quess, before it melts away. Other hand, it can be a good reason to stay inside and make models. I´m looking forward to check those other sites too, Scott. Campaigns sound very interesting but I´m soo slow model maker, that deadlines would get me everytime 3 kids, wife and unregular working hours interrupt my modeling too much but I´ll try a campaign one day, that´s sure.
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
entire network: 530 Posts
KitMaker Network: 60 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 10:08 PM UTC

Greetings from snowy Alaska!

Welcome to the site. It certainly looks as though you're off to a great start from the description of your work so far. This is truly a wonderful place to learn and please feel free to ask any questions, even ones you may feel are silly. I do it all the time.

Jim
Large Scale Armory
montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 12:31 PM UTC
hi and welcome
 _GOTOTOP