_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Introduction-12/08
HEINE-07
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 392 Posts
KitMaker Network: 35 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 07:48 AM UTC
Hello!

First entering this site early in 2007, I wanted to post a question about a scene from Euromilitaire, but did not for two reasons: (1) We did not have the net at home, so my access to every net site was constrained. (2) I do not know how to post pictures.

With Nov 2008, we finally have the internet at home, so I have been poking around quite a bit lately. This "Introduction Format" was discovered yesterday, so here is a tardy Introduction:

Still not certain how to post pictures, please review this format early next year and open the photo option in my profile.

A Shepard Paine devotee since the early 1970's, I traveled to AMPS-97 and discovered the astounding progress made in the hobby since the 1970's! Mr. Tom Jentz explained much about the Panthers in Italy, there, and you will see the one I returned home to start scratch-building. This was before the Dragon edition of Panther "A" came out. My Panther uses the Dragon Jagdpanther lower hull, with styrene upper hull. The turret is a modified Nichimo turret, from their Panther "G" kit. I guess this is just hot air until the pictures come up on this site.

Anyhow, Y2K came around, and I ran off to a yearly sequence of my Dad's U.S.M.C. reunions, to research the radio vans of 1944-1945, and have yet to extricate myself from the mountain of correspondence this has produced. The Panther A model remains incomplete to this day.

Here is a note to all the veterans out there--please, please, keep in touch with your unit Associations...and thank-you for defending freedom! Thank-you!

HEINE-7 is the call sign of my father's Direction-Finder radio van on Okinawa. The HEINE-7 unit was commended for 103 direction steers to home, of lost airplanes, and 18 radio steers to pilots not certain of their location.

AGAPE, HEINE-7
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 03:41 PM UTC
Welcome to the Big A, Rick! Would like to see your Panther pics in the as-is state Always nice to see scratch work in progress.
Rick
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 08:05 PM UTC
Welcome to the site Rick and maybe this will help you with your picture issue
Removed by original poster on 01/05/09 - 05:20:35 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 01/05/09 - 05:21:13 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 01/05/09 - 05:20:56 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 01/05/09 - 05:20:05 (GMT).
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 10:54 AM UTC
Here you go bud,

If you can tell me where the problem is occuring I will try and help you get pass it.
HEINE-07
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 05:26 PM UTC
Wow! This site is the best!

HEINE-7
HEINE-07
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 05:47 PM UTC
Hello. Thanks to help from CMOT and the local Apple computer class, pictures of the Panther and the Gingerbread Haus may now be viewed. The styrene Panther, begun eleven years ago, shows scratch-built plastic brackets. Many brackets have degraded in handling, over the past decade. Some photo-etched brass has been inserted. The pictures showing paint are recent. The Panther is still in progress, and will be re-worked in areas. Mr. Jentz reminds us that this is an Early A version, not a D version of the Panther.

Happy New Year!

HEINE-07
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 07:10 PM UTC
Glad to help Rick
 _GOTOTOP