_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Der Neue from Switzerland
hellvetier
Visit this Community
Bern, Switzerland
entire network: 264 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 10:12 AM UTC
Hello Armorama Folks!

I posted a few topics but didn't introduce myself, how unpolite

Now, I'm a student living in Bern, the capital of Switzerland (Please excuse my bad English!). Like many others I began modeling in childhood and have found back to the hobby.
First was a little bit of distraction from my studies, but after a while checking out all the great work here and on other sites, studying the very creative techniques and starting with some aircraft models it pulled me back to the hobby-table. And now it's so entertaining, that my studies are the distraction from modeling

Well, first I re-begann with 1/72 aircraft subjects, but now changing and expanding mainly to 1/48 aircrafts and 1/35 AFVs. Especially WWII Germany themes. Because of it's excentric and very different styles. And I have in mind to have built one day all swiss related gear (finished with 150 years )

Not being an historian or technician guy I don't pay too much attention to the accuracy, but for the look. I hope I don't upset somebody, but I think modeling can be seen as a creativ hobby and originates from somebodys mind and skills.
So, I'll post comments on threads more to the building, coloring and weathering processes. And I'll try to open threads to many of my future builds and contribute something to this network.

Now I wish you all very much motivation with your actual and furthcoming builds, (perhaps it's too soon, but) merry christmas and a happy new year

Regards

A. Wasmer
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 03:47 PM UTC
Merry Christmas to you also and welcome A.W.
Looking forward to seeing some of your builds.
Cheers,
Charles
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 02:49 AM UTC
Happy holidays A.W.! Hope to see your stuff soon.
Cheers!
Rick
Eaglewatch
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 09:39 AM UTC
Hi A.W. welcome to the club i too am new to the site and like you i tend to build most of my kits OOB although sometimes if i've read an article done by a pro-modeller detailing certain faults then i try to replicate there techniques so as to improve the overall finish of my models i suppose as my skills improve then in time i'll try to be more technical and become more of a "purist" where accuracy is essential but for the moment i'm happy with the level i'm at as i've still got many techniques to learn
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 11:00 AM UTC
AW welcome to the site and I hope you find plenty to stimulate your mind and give you information and ideas for what to build next.
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 04:23 PM UTC
welcome A.W. what types of 1/72 planes do you build, or should i say used to build? i ask because like you when i got back into modelling a few years back i started with small afv's in 1/35th and now i build 1/72 and 1/48th aircraft aswell as 1/35th armor.
hellvetier
Visit this Community
Bern, Switzerland
entire network: 264 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 10:33 PM UTC
First thank you all for the kind welcome! I'll certainly enjoy this site.

@ Lyndon: That's what I'm up to, like you!

@ Ant: The last 1/72 Aircraft I built was the Eduard Me-410 Profipack, which I really enjoyed. But I changed and I don't feel I'll build 1/72 Props in the next time. Except 1/72 Jet planes and Helos, because of their size in 1/48.
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 122 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 09:21 AM UTC
yeah i can sympathize with not wanting to build 1/48th jets, i'm 75% through finishing italeri's 1/48 tomcat. might have to switch to 1/72 jets myself.
 _GOTOTOP