_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New man on the block
randerson
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 02:25 PM UTC
Just wanted to say hello. I am interested in determining the general makeup of hobby enthusiasts (sp?). To start with, I am interested in age demographics; for instance, I am 50. I I havent built a model in about 25 years but I have about 160 unbuilt models, almost all aircraft, and most in 1/48 scale. Would anybody mind relating similar information to me?
Rich
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 11:18 PM UTC
Welcome Richard! With your stats,you'd blend in here on any of the forums.
Cheers!
Rick
muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 884 Posts
KitMaker Network: 78 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 04:59 AM UTC
Hi Richard welcome to the site.
As for me I'm 44 been building for about 8 years now after a break of about 12 years.
I mostly build 1/35th scale armour. Not fussy on country or vehicle if I like it I build it. Also build The odd boat & plane & Sci Fi.
I've about 350 plus kits unbuilt at the moment.
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 05:19 AM UTC
Hi Richard,

Census taker?
I'm 56, been building for about 10 years. Had the typical hiatus from starting modeling in my early teens. Started building a/c but switched to armor. Will build anything that piques my interest. Almost exclusively build dioramas. Have around 250 un-built or partially built models adorning the shelves around my work area.

Cheers,
Charles
bizzychicken
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 967 Posts
KitMaker Network: 81 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 09:05 AM UTC
I'm 36 like reading about WW2, normally from a German prospective and turning them into models. also like buying something that takes my fancy. Lots of my figures are bought from the art work, big up to Mr Volstad.Enjoy looking on web sites and modelling mags too. Only get resin figs if I really like them got quite a few New World Miniatures, seem to fit into my visions. Loved war games, Twilight 2000 and modelling as a kid. Got back into it when I settled down. Awesome girlfriend and 3 kids. Love life Got about 20 AFV's and 10 boxes of figures, only afew resin figs and Hornet head sets
 _GOTOTOP