_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi from Montreal
Desmoquattro
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 235 Posts
KitMaker Network: 39 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 08:56 AM UTC
Hello folks,

My name is Jason, I'm a Montrealer originally from the Maritimes (Moncton, New Brunswick). I recently completed my BA in history with a minor in art history, and I run the Montreal Ducati motorcycle owner's club. I'm currently "between jobs" (just finished my degree in August) but I'll likely be getting back into the motorcycle industry for the time being. I've worked as a motorcycle mechanic, professionally and as a freelancer, for about 2 years now. My specialty is Ducatis (I ride a 1997 916 superbike) but I've also worked on Triumphs, Nortons and BSAs.

I've just gotten back into the hobby after an 8 year hiatus. When I was younger I competed in senior classes and earned a few awards for my work, building mainly German armour, dioramas and figures with the odd aircraft. I got an urge to re-enter the hobby in the last few months with the newfound patience and historical knowledge that I never had when I was a kid. So far I've done a variety of stuff, motorcycles and cars, but I'm working my way back towards armour.

I unfortunately no longer have any of my old models, I donated most of them to an art program about 5 years ago and haven't seen them since. So I'm rebuilding my collection from a fresh start, in a way. I'm still easing myself back into things but I haven't lost much of my technique over the years (as much of a surprise to me as to anyone else).

I'll be posting some of my recent projects for your viewing pleasure. Currently on my bench is a Fujimi Enthusiast Dino 246 GT that I'm building with a superdetail kit, my next armour project is an Academy Tiger I with full interior. Stay tuned!

Cheers
Jason C.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 09:37 AM UTC
Welcome, this is somewhere warm to spend some time during the cold Canadian winter.
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 886 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 03:14 PM UTC
Welcome.. I think you'll like this place. very friendly and good people. I mostly do aircraft but I do get out into abuot all of it..
Motorcycles must be fun that far north how much do you get to ride? Down here I some of the hard core types will ride every day as long as snow is not on the ground..
Later,
Kelly
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 03:19 AM UTC
Bonjour Jason ! welcome to the best site on the net . Lot's of info and tips around here every one is so helpful it feels like home . Any questions at all just ask !
Looking forward on viewing your builds . Happy Modeling .
Desmoquattro
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 235 Posts
KitMaker Network: 39 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2008 - 07:20 PM UTC
Thanks for the welcomes.

Canada isn't the best place to ride, Quebec is one of the worst in fact. We get gouged for insurance and registration for a season that barely lasts six months. I haven't done much riding this year because of school during the summer. Right now the bike is laid up due to a popped battery

I have ridden during the winter, my personal record was going out on a -20 degree celsius day in March to trade in a bike at a dealership. Not something I do regularly but it makes for good story telling. Got caught in snowfall another time when I was testing some engine tuning in January... I'm not a hardcore winter rider (can't be, I've always had sport bikes) but there are times when you simply can't resist.
montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 12:45 PM UTC
hi and welcome
 _GOTOTOP