_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Uh-Oh, another treadhead on board!
treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
entire network: 552 Posts
KitMaker Network: 46 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:00 PM UTC
Hi All,

I recognize a number of names here from Armorama, Modelwarships, SteelNavy and other forums, there are also even more I don't. Just an introductory note to say "Howdy".

I am an old modeler from Las Vegas, I have modeled Planes, Armor, Figures and Ships in varying degrees over the years. My current vein of interest is mostly in things Naval. I have around a hundred or so ships in the collection at the moment and even more in the stash, mostly in the "divine scale" 1/700.

Some of my recent builds have included the IJN Yukaze

The IJN Tei Class

And I will admit to getting a bit carried away with the Tamiya Tugboat and Auxilliary Boat set

If they don't make a kit, I am not above doing a bit of scratching to satisfy my itch. This is a 1/250 scale Admirable Class Minesweeper that I cobbled up from a paper model kit download that is available free online.

I just finished a copy of Tamiyas' Fletcher Class destroyer that will be adding to a base before I photograph it. I also have a yen for things in other scales, I just discovered the excellent Mirage 1/400 scale ships and will be starting up th ORP Wicher Wz.35 kit shortly. I also have a couple of albatross in the stash, the venerable Lindberg Blue Devil, just so I can torture myself this coming winter when it is too cool to be fooling about outdoors.

So as you can see I do like my ship kits, hope to meet some of you online and enjoy your work.

Jay Massey
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV
whittman181
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 646 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 02:27 PM UTC
Hello Joe and welcome Your ships look outstanding .Looking forward to seeing more of your work Bob
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 01:34 AM UTC
Joseph,

Hello, welcome to the neighborhood. Come on over the Model Shipwrights area and take a look around. Always good to have new shipmates come onboard.

treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
entire network: 552 Posts
KitMaker Network: 46 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 06:40 AM UTC
Thanks Guys,

Appreciate the welcome aboard, look forward to a nice long cruise.

Don't know why my full name comes up at the head of the posts, but most folks just call me Jay, the only person that called me Joseph was my Mom when she had an axe to grind or the Old Man when he wanted a pound of flesh so to speak.

Jay Massey
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 09:54 AM UTC
Welcome Joseph,

This is a great site. Help is just a click away if you ever need it.

Be sure to check out the campaigns. They are usually a lot of fun to participate in.
Removed by original poster on 05/06/09 - 09:33:17 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP