TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Rental alert!
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 714 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2003 - 09:55 AM UTC
I just recently saw Tears of the Sun staring Bruce Willis. Six Seals, 5000 rebels... guess who wins. I'm not slaggin' SEALS, but guess who wins.

Lightweight acting and a plot the requires a significant suspension of disbelief.

I paid to see it, you shouldn't!
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2003 - 01:47 PM UTC
Actually I thought this was a pretty good movie.....lacks a good plot.....like you said 5000 rebels and 6 Seals.....but hey....they are Seals....the most highly trained special forces in the world!! So they say!!!

Lots of guns and explosions good for the action junkie!!!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2003 - 06:45 PM UTC
couldn't be any worse than Arnold taking on the island of rebels in Commando or Rambo versus the Russians/Vietnamese in those Rambo sequels
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 12:22 AM UTC
I wouldn't have picked Bruce Willis for this role but overall I enjoyed the movie. I am a SEAL junkie so I pretty much enjoy anything related.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 02:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just recently saw Tears of the Sun staring Bruce Willis. Six Seals, 5000 rebels... guess who wins. I'm not slaggin' SEALS, but guess who wins.

Lightweight acting and a plot the requires a significant suspension of disbelief.

I paid to see it, you shouldn't!

:-) I've seen that too...

But if it weren't for that air support, they all would have been killed..

Like viper29_ca said, they are the most highly trained force in the world...And those rebels probably couldn't hit you unless he shot at point blank..(just kidding..)

I like that scene when they rescued that village - there was a sniper on a tree providing them support fire, and the SEAL team was assaulting on close range. Bruce Willis was only using a silenced hand gun...

I kinda like this film better than those RAMBO sequels... RAMBO was far more superhuman - which is kinda farfetched...

Only he can fire M-203 or AK-47 assault rifles on full auto with one rifle on each hand... And the recoil doesn't affect his marksmanship....
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 679 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 03:21 AM UTC
Seems theres alot of room for debate here, Seals the most highly trained in the world- Form my money its going on the SAS, but i suppose that depends what side of the pond your on. Been on both and would still put my money on the SAS, maybe even Then SBS, what do you guys think?
Martin
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 03:36 AM UTC
It's better than "The Hunted."
Never have shoe prints been so exciting.....
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 03:41 AM UTC
Well as stated I like the Seals.....however being a proud Canadian....I am going to have to go with our own JTF-2.

Heck even the US asks us for our JTF-2 team, cause none of their own can get the job done!!!!
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 714 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 06:24 AM UTC
I suppose that my main objection to this film is the survivability of the contact. Rember that the AK-47 has an effective rate of fire of 100 rounds per minute. Multiply that time the number of soldiers and you get a figure that approaches 500,000 rounds per minute. I just don't see that as particularly survivable.

Again, I wasn't slaggin' the SEALS, or trying to start a discussion on who is the better special forces unit. I was commenting on the movie itself.