_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Greetings to all.
keroopie67
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 54 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 07:14 PM UTC
HI All out there!
Been out of the hobby since I was a kid slapping kits together for fun to play in the sandbox with other kids. I cut my teeth on the old Airfix and Matchbox armor/airplanes of the 70s, only to find that they are all still around and being re-issued today for 10 times the cost! I have gotten back into it after 20 years and have found the hobby to be larger than what I expected. Despite he advent of video games, internet, and other distractions for leisure time and money the hobby has proliferated - and it is slow and low tech!!! But times do change and around here at one point I was withing a 30 minute drive to one of 9 local hobby stores, but sadly over the years 4 have closed down (but that still leaves us at least 5 stores which stock almost everything!).
One of my fondest memories was a visit to Hong Kong in which a lot of the hobby stores are clustered together (walking distance) in the district of Mong Kok - if ever you go there you will be in Model Kit heaven!!! If you have similar stories, please do share with us what is around your place, or if you have experienced this in your travels.
I like most subjects, but I mostly do armor. I enjoy more modern subjects but build WW2 on. I have found that sometimes I get bogged down with trying to add and finish details on kits and don't get to complete as many as I would like to. Added to this I have time constraints with a family and work and commitments, so I have decided to simplify the detail I put into a kit and build more out of the box. As much as I like building, I do get bored with a project that takes too long. I paint with a single action airbrush with a CO2 tank - nice and quiet with no moisture!
Anyway - I hope that I have not bored you with my history - glad to meet you fellow modelers online!!
Cheers,
Eric
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 09:50 PM UTC
Welcome to the site Eric.
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 09:09 AM UTC
Hi Eric.. Welcome aboard!
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 11:15 AM UTC
Welcome Eric,

This is a great site. Help is just a click away if you ever need it.

Be sure to check out the campaigns. They are usually a lot of fun to participate in.
montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 01:00 PM UTC
hi and welcome
 _GOTOTOP